10.5 on an inspiron E1705

Christian743

2 posts in this topic

Salvete Omnes,

I'm having a rather odd problem with my leopard install. My issue is that it seems to run slow as in very choppy, though everything I open, opens very fast and seems to run fast, nor does any sound come out. I'm running off of a patched DVD, as I have a legit Leopard DVD which was obtained for my powerbook. My Dell has a 2.0 ghz core two duo, 2gb of ram, 120gb HD, and for my gfx card I'm running a Geforce Go 7900 (256mb). One thing that I found was that when I patched the OS (not the DVD) terminal was saying that it couldn't copy a grand majority of the stuff it was trying because it didn't have permission. Any Ideas? I would prefer to not have to torrent any image files. Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Christian

• 2 months later...

If you haven't figured out by now you need to run with one core and not two, Dells can't handle it for some reason. You can do this first in Bios and then find the instructions on how to in the forum, to find the thread do a search for "e1705" and you will find a 72 page thread by devilhood about installing osx on dells