Installed Leopard..

2Shea

11 posts in this topic

Okay, I installed Leopard last night, and it works great!

Before having leopard, I was running Vista. Now I installed Leopard on a different HDD.

So Leopard is going great, but now I can't boot to Vista. Basically when I choose Vista's HDD to boot from, it goes in and I just have a blinking cursor on the screen...

What can I do to fix this? Should I install some bootloader through OSX? and if so, which one and where can I get it?

Thanks very much for your time.

Sure, sorry about that.

Anyway I used Kalyway to install, and as I said it's all worked 100% perfectly, OSX is fine.

I just can't boot into Vista anymore. The install of Vista is fine, I checked it w/ the install disc, its just a booting problem.

I have :

ASUS P5GC-MX X Series Mobo

Integrated Azalia Audio, Ethernet.

GeForce 8800 GTS

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1 ghz

2 GB ram

Vista Ultimate

OSX Leopard 10.5.1 Kalyway

Bump. Just need a bit of help please.

I would first look at the bios settings you changed to make Leopard work and set them back to the previous state. Obviously you want to copy your current Leopard bios settings before making any changes. Also you could always select "load the default settings" in your bios and try that.

Strange that you cant boot in Windows, when you have installed Leopard on another harddrive. I've installed Vista on HDD1 and Tiger on HDD2 and it works fine. I only choose which harddrive I want to boot from and it works fine. Maybe reinstall Windows? When you have Leopard and Win on separate harddrives it should work..

Sure, sorry about that.

Anyway I used Kalyway to install, and as I said it's all worked 100% perfectly, OSX is fine.

I just can't boot into Vista anymore. The install of Vista is fine, I checked it w/ the install disc, its just a booting problem.

I have :

ASUS P5GC-MX X Series Mobo

Integrated Azalia Audio, Ethernet.

GeForce 8800 GTS

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1 ghz

2 GB ram

Vista Ultimate

OSX Leopard 10.5.1 Kalyway

Just to troubleshoot a bit, did you disconnect the drive you installed OSX too and attempt booting to Vista when everything was back to the way it was before you started this?

• 1 month later...

Its also possible to go into your bios and change the boot order of your hard disks. Change it so that whichever hd has vista on it comes first, and you should now boot into vista without an option to boot into leapard...switching the priority back should return you to osx, im still trying to figure out how to get either the xp, vista, or darwin bootloaders to see 2 disks and not have MBR vs GUID issues...