New to OSX86 and AMD User

INine

4 posts in this topic

Hello Gang,

First Id like to say Hello to everyone at Insanely Mac and OSx86. Thank you for all the good work liberating OSX! I am a newbie and decided to install JAS 10.4.8 on a seperate HD. My computer is a PC.with an AMD 4400+ processor ,Saphire x1600xt video card, and Asus M2NE-Sli Mobo.

I installed reformatted the HD. Checked the boxes for the AMD chipset, checked the box for the common devices drivers, and a couple others ( I canot recall which exactly) During install it hangs up a few times, then moves along. after the reboot I get the promising grey apple logo screen then the screen goes black. I get sound but no video. I am stuck there. Has anyone else experienced this or has a suggestion for a possible resolution. Once again Thanks and I look forward to the threads.

Thanks

I.Xmas

Nine

What kind of graphics chipset does your video card have? If it uses an Nvidia chipset, I would suggest installing Nvinject. That is what I use for my setup. Also, I would suggest getting Zephiroth's 10.5.1 AMD DVD. I have a guide on how to install it here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=85573

;) Thanks for getting back to me on that. I am going to DL that DVD now. My mobo set-up has NVIDIA nForce 500 SLI chipset and I have a Saphire x1600xt video card. I tried the JAS release But like I said It loaded but I got sound no video. Anyways I am going to try to try this again tonight. With JAS that is until I get the other dvd.

-Nine