Newbie needs some help PLEASE!

InsaneJester17

6 posts in this topic

OK, I installed kalyway's leopard on my HP ZD8000 on a 20 gb partition of my hard drive. I have vista on the first partition, and leopard on the second. The problem is I get the BO Error when i try to boot without the disk in the drive. I tried following these directions: (( http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/i...php/t24514.html ))

but when i check the partition table theres nothing there. I tried setting my vista partition as active but the doesn't seem to work either. I tried using the vista disc to fix startup, but it can't find my vista install...

Can anyone please help me? I can't get vista to boot, and can only get leopard to boot with kalyway disc in drive.

Thanks in advance for any help!

did you format your partition as MBR (usually default) and select GUID in the customize option of the kalyway installer (guid is default option). Leaving these 2 options default would lead to a b0 error

Well Thanks for your help, I got Leopard to work without the disc, but I can't get my vista partition to load. I tried selecting it in the darwin loader but it has a boot error. I tried to repair it with the vista disc but the disc does not find the installation. I tried to set the vista partition as active in fdisk but i get a permission denied error. Can anyone help? Thanks!