need help bad what drivers do i need for my geforce8400gs

distone

9 posts in this topic

hi how u all doing ive been thru some post and cant find any thing that would help so thats why im hear my pc is a homebrewed q6600 qud core 2.44 with an asus p5e n 2 gig of ram and the issue a xfx geforce 8400gs 256mb iv got every thing installed kalyway 10.5.1 and working the audio works and the network works but all that dosent is the geforce 8400gs iv tryed a load of drivers but none work ive tryed

MacOSXNV8SeriesD.tar.gz

NVinject.zip

Nvidia Installer V1.9 by Punk92.zip

Natit

on the HCL it list it as

GeForce 8400GS 256MB XFX Patches from Kalyway Both All Fully working

what are the Patches from Kalyway if they are the ones from the kalyway dvd that u select wheu got to custum install and sellected them to can any 1 please help us with what drivers i need to get my geforce8400gs working some 1 out there in the world must have the geforce 8400gs working on a kalyway 10.5.1 thanks to all

Punk92's installer should work just fine, but you need to change the NVCAP value in NVinject's info.plist to "04000000 00000300 04000000 00000007 00000000" sans the "'s if you want to use DVI out. With the standard value you only get picture via VGA and a black screen on DVI.

And please write properly.. Jesus...

how do i do this i installed the punk92 jump off but get the black screen how do i change the NVCAP value in NVinject's info.plist where is the NVinject's info.plistok every things all good now geforce audio network all working now fully on 10.5.1 thanks to all in the osx86 world

I have had luck using the NVInstallerV.31.pkg that I found in another forum. I will try to upload it here, but if it does not work, search on the file name and you will find the forum. I have a PNY GeForce 8400 GS on my system and it is working over the DVI connection. Things I don't have working is more than one monitor (though there is discussion how to fix that) and the HD output for a component connection to a TV does not work.

Mine is projecting beautifully on my Mitsubishi Home Theatre Projector and has taken its place as our new home theatre system.

Good Luck!

Rob

Update: I don't have enough access to upload that big of a file, but I downloaded the file from another thread in this forum.

thanks 2 all who helped out every thing is working sweet now man q6600 p5e 2 gb ram and the geforce8400gs all good with 10.5.1 all i need now is adobe cs3 cose cs2 dont seem 2 want 2 install the whole thing as for final cut stp2 with every thing thats installed in less an hour the whole 52gb package havend check them out running yet but will do again thanks 2 all in the osx86 forum ur all doing a killa job

• 5 months later...

I too am not having much luck with the 8400 GS 256MB card.

I have 10.5.3 and used the NVinstaller v.52. Changed the NVCap String value from "BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=" to "04000000 00000300 04000000 00000007 00000000" and I get black screen when starting up from DVI. Starting up from VGA works great, full QE/CI though the system seems a little sluggish. Even tried swapping vga and dvi after I successfully started up through VGA and got black screen. Something about this NVCap doesn't seem right. Why is it's format so different from the original? Has anyone gotten an 8400GS to work in 10.5.3 or 10.5.2 with DVI output? I am using this card with a 42" 120 Hz 1080p LCD and would love widescreen resolution with it. (VGA on this tv only does 4:3)

• 1 month later...