Keyboard and mouse

jpd88fierogt

5 posts in this topic

After a few days of tinkering, I am making this post on my JaS 10.4.8 installation. I got the internet working last night but my built in keyboard and trackpad did not work on my notebook. I am running a compaq v6000 with a 1.8 ghz amd sempron, and a 120gb hard drive, but the os is on a external usb drive, with 2gb of ram. Since the intial installation three days ago the keyboard and mouse never ever worked with mac. Tonight I am making this post with them. After letting my pc sit for about 20mins(which I have done before) the external keyboard and mouse totally stopped responding. So after a few mins of pushing buttons, I pushed the power button and the os responded. Then I accidentally touched the trackpad and it moved...weird. Also now that they are working, the os is showing no sign of lag or choppyness that was associated with it before. I don't know if they will continue to work after I shut down tonight but my question is what is causing this and what drivers might I need to maintain this current state with the keboard, mouse and speed. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I still cannot get my trackpad and keyboard to work at all. I remembered with the keyboard, all the fn functions also worked including the display brighten and dim. I have also found out that it the os doesn't seem to have QE/CI support. I tried a fix but it made an error in startup before I could even find out if it worked, so I removed it. Does anyone have any fixes for the keyboard and mouse?

I still cannot get my trackpad and keyboard to work at all. I remembered with the keyboard, all the fn functions also worked including the display brighten and dim. I have also found out that it the os doesn't seem to have QE/CI support. I tried a fix but it made an error in startup before I could even find out if it worked, so I removed it. Does anyone have any fixes for the keyboard and mouse?

Your first post sounded like there was a sleep issue... if you put the computer to sleep and then pull it out again... there should be no probo... But... there is an info.plist file somewhere that you can change a few settings, and it will work fine... (like some delay or priority loading...) Search the forums... It's Out There...

--Amrit

• 1 month later...

That made it work again but unfortunatly during a fix of the graphics, I installed something that seemed to have caused a kernel error and I could not remove it properly. Anyhow I am reinstalling mac os again but trying some new things. Thanks for the help.