Boot up issues with Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe (10.5.1) after installation

Almas Khan

8 posts in this topic

Hi, so I am trying to get Leopard running on my pc first off here my computer specs:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

AMD Opteron 180

2GB ram

3 Sata HD's ( 2 Raid0, 1 JBOB)

Nvidia 8800GT BFG

So I have no problems installing Leopard, installation goes smooth all the way to the big green check and restarting. I have tried installation with GUID and MBR both with the same outcome, successful installation but heres when the problem comes. When I restart my computer the Nvidia raid controller dismounts the harddrive after leopard installation so I remount it and try to direct the bios to boot that hard drive. When all the checks are done I see a blinking cursor that doesn't change. Thats the outcome for so many different attempts I've had, good installation but just can't boot for the life of me. If anyone can offer advice or a guide for my mobo I would be very greatful. I realized that the wiki said my mobo doesn't work but I've found many people that seem to report it working without a problem. If anyone can help, Thanks.

Thanks for the advice can you tell me the steps you took to install on that mobo so I have a foothold that I'm doing something partly right? GUID or MBR information like that? Also I have Vista installed on another HD if that helps.

If you have one spare harddisk use only that when you are installing. After osx works you can plug those other two disks and use bios to select which disks will boot (press F8).

Use that dvd which is for amd and use diskutil to make partition(s) for osx and you are done.

Remember that there are some amazing problems with this mobo. For example I had to keep ps/2 keyboard plugged to get sound working. Everytime I used only usb or bluetooh keyboard without ps/2 -> no sound!

Hopely this help a little.

Yea I had the same problem on the same exact motherboard, it's an easy fix. Good luck trying to get your network up though. The fix you need is here..

http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues#toc3

But a quit fix, is to start the installation DVD, goto the Disk Utility and click the drive and "Get Information" find your disk number and partitiong number (i.e. mine was disk2s1) and start with the boot flag

rd=diskXsY - X being your disk # and Y being your partition #

Just wanted to update my thread if anyone can give me a step by step installation for this mobo clean slate no windows, I will be very greatful. I'll pretty much do any configuration at this point with this mobo to get it working l :wacko: . Thanks for the help anyone can offer.

Almas