Kalyway 10.5.1 successful install, but wierdest display blanking

macadmir

7 posts in this topic

Hi there,

First of all, to Kalyway - I am most impressed! Your build wil hopefully help me to evaluate a move away from Vista to genuine Mac hardware for my photography work. Thank you!

To all, I would appreciate your help to try and resolve the strangest problem:

I have managed to install Kalyway 10.5.1 successfully on an Asus P5B Deluxe mobo with Intel Core2Duo 6400 and 7600GT graphics card.

I have tried both the NATIT and NVInject drivers, and both result in a successful install, BUT, after booting into OS X, the display starts repeatedly popping between the normal display, and a blank blue screen. The blank blue screen only shows for a second or so, and then the display returns to the normal OS X display, which can then operate normally for a few seconds or so. This repeats over and over.

Every time this happens, just before the blank brue screen appears, the mouse seems to become somewhat unresponsive. I have also noticed in Activity Monitor that CPU time for the Window Server task jumps way up every time the screen switches to the blank blue screen.

I've attached some screenshots. DSC00637.jpg shows the normal OS X screen (which varies as I launch applications, etc.). DSC00638.jpg shows the blank blue screen that repeatedly flickers up, as per my best attempt to describe above.

This is most perplexing. I have tried changing most of the BIOS settings (CPU TM, Vanderpool, Execute enable, etc.) to no avail. I do not overclock.

Has anybody perhaps experienced something similar, or perhaps have any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks all very much for your help!

post-185175-1202655215_thumb.jpg

post-185175-1202655234_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
I had the same problem, it was my TV out. when i boot with the tv-out pluged-in the screen gets blue.

The solution is boot with the tv-out unpluged, if you need pluged and it works ok again

plugged out my tv-out from the gfx card and the mobo. still get the blinking blue screens :/

• 4 weeks later...