Unable to Install Mac OS X x86 10.5 Leopard!

k6fca0x4d7

1 post in this topic

Dear guys,

I've downloaded Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (ToH_x86_9A581_RC2.iso) to install on my laptop. Unfortunately, the installation was interrupted! I was stuck at here:

MAC Framework successfully initialized

Using 1310 buffer headers and 1310 cluster IO buffer headers

At first, I think the problem is that I plug my flash disk. After unplugging the flash disk, and restart my computer, the problem still occurs! Here is my spec.:

Laptop: ASUS A3G

Processor: Intel Pentium M 1.70 GHz, which supports MMX, SSE, SSE2

Memory: 256MB

Graphics Card: ATI RADEON MOBILITY 9600/9700 Series

HD: IBM 60GB, Model: IC25N060ATMR04-0

USB: USB 2.0 X4 ports

Network:

Intel PRO 2200BG 802.11b/g … This is wireless adapter

Realtek 8139 … This is built-in Ethernet

AC97 Modem

Multimedia: Realtek AC97 Audio

CD/DVD Drive: Mat{censored}a UJDA760 DVD/CDRW

FireWire is built-in

Actually, I've installed two OS on my laptop. One is Win XP MCE, and the other one is Mac OS X x86 10.4.11. I think the problem is on my disk partition, but I don't know what to do on my partition. Also, I didn't remove Mac OS X 10.4.11 and Win XP MCE. I just want to "replace" 10.4 OS X because someone told me that Leopard x86 supports upgrade function. Here is more info about my disk partition:

Partition 1 (Hidden): UNABLE TO USE! This partition is for recovery use. The manufacturer creates it. It will recover my Win XP.

Partition 2: Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

Partition 3: Data disk, store my files

Partition 4 (Active): Mac OS X x86 10.4.11

After lots of Googling, I think the problem is at ACPI, but I don't know how to solve the problem.(Even though I read lots of article about this... It's too hard for me to understand those articles.)

By the way, I heard someone said that ToH_x86_9A581_RC2.iso may not allow users to install. Is that the truth? If that's the case, I'd better download another new image file.

Can someone tell me how to do? I really want to install Mac OS X x86 10.5 on my laptop. Thanks!