Error with Asus P5VD2-X need help! [FIXED]

rafote

3 posts in this topic

EDIT: FINALLY I FOUND THE SOLUTION. NOW USING AN INTERNAL IDE DVD RECORDER INSTEAD OF THE USB ONE, I HAVE THE INSTALLATION IN PROGRESS... 40%...

It worked with the following settings:

ISSUES with my install:

Vanilla Kernel: NO

Vanilla ACPI: NO

Partition: MBR

Can't see the SATA hard disk, finally I installed Kalyway into a IDE one.

To boot from Leopard HFS+ Partition I need the Kalyway's DVD boot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello this is my first post, I've read a lot about my problem in this forum, have googled for several days and it's driving me crazy.

I have the following hardware configuration, have tried and always got the same issue:

• Motherboard: Asus P5VD2-X, chipsets VIA PT890, VIA VT8237A.
  • CPU: Dualcore Intel Pentium D 925, Presler, 3000 Mhz (15 x 200) supports x86, x86-64, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3
  • Main Bus: Intel GTL+, 64 bits
  • RAM: 1Gb Kingston DDR2 SDRAM
  • Hard drives: Seagate 160 Gb SATA (boot with winxp) + Maxtor 200 Gb attached as Master on Primary IDE Channel (empty NTFS partition made with Winxp or Magic Gparted)
  • DVD: External USB 2.0 LG recorder.
  • Video card: nVidia GeForce 6600 PCI-E, two monitors plugged, one at VGA, another at DVI port. Works with XP perfectly.
  • More things: Modem, Firewire PCI card, PS-2 wireless keyboard and mouse, no-floppy plugged.
  • NOTE: The motherboard has the damn Jmicron!

At this moment the boot hard drive (SATA) has installed WinXP and Ubuntu, boots with Grub and allows to choice between the two systems installed.

Here is my large list of attempts:

• I have tried with two different ISO: ToH Leopard RC2 and Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1, several copies, burned with Nero and ImgBurn at the slowest speed possible (4x at my DVD drive).
  • Never have succeeded to Disk Utility or anything, when I try to boot from DVD always get the Darwin black screen and the following error: "com.apple.boot.plist not found".
  • At this point I always have tried F8 and the following commands, entered one by one: -f, -v, -v -f, -f -v, -legacy, vanilla, cpus-1... everything that I have read out there.
  • Always got the same "not found" error.
  • This is very frustrating to me, but also tried to format the IDE hard drive formatted in NTFS, FAT32, HFS, HFS+, etc. Nothing different happens.
  • Also tried to boot from DVD with only the SATA HD plugged, and only with the IDE HD plugged or the two HD plugged. WinXP detects successfully the two HD's without any problem, if it isn't formatted on HFS or HFS+.
  • Also have tried formatting the IDE HD directly from an ibook, with disk utility, with the same results.
  • Tried with the same IDE HD inside a Firewire enclosure, and inside an USB enclosure.
  • Have tried disabling the Jmicron from Bios.
  • Have tried the following SATA modes in the Bios: disabled, IDE, SATA, AHCI.
  • Have tried the diverse ISO's in an older PC with Pentium 4, with the same error.
  • Have tried the DVD's in the iBook, once the OS X is loaded, I insert the disc and seems to be well recorded (I get the Leopard install mounted on the desktop, and the content appears to be valid).

I have not found any information about my motherboard, the Asus P5VD2-X. Have found a similar P5VD2-MX, but this one includes an integrated video card, I think. Also think the main problem is the "Jmicron", but it thought that Kalyway supported this.

In any case, it seems that all the people who is using a Jmicron enabled motherboard are supposed to install any Leopard un-patched, though they have later problems after the first re-boot, when they need to edit the ".plist" in Terminal.

I'm not at that chance, because not have the opportunity to make any proccess of the install.

I wonder if any of you could help, it would be very appreciated. Sorry for my bad English.

PS: It will help if you could recommend install Tiger as well!!

Rafa.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My only problem with is motherboard is the onboard LAN. Leoaprd nativley supports the Realtek 8110SC chipset. However, I could never get is to work. I installed an old SMC1244TX card...drivers for 10.2 available. Works great once my PC is running after a restart.....If I power down and power up, the LAN will not function. I must do a restart then no problems...I can live with it.

Good luck

P.S. Could not recognize SATA...only IDE

EDIT: FINALLY I FOUND THE SOLUTION. NOW USING AN INTERNAL IDE DVD RECORDER INSTEAD OF THE USB ONE, I HAVE THE INSTALLATION IN PROGRESS... 40%...

It worked with the following settings:

ISSUES with my install:

Vanilla Kernel: NO

Vanilla ACPI: NO

Partition: MBR

Can't see the SATA hard disk, finally I installed Kalyway into a IDE one.

To boot from Leopard HFS+ Partition I need the Kalyway's DVD boot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello this is my first post, I've read a lot about my problem in this forum, have googled for several days and it's driving me crazy.

I have the following hardware configuration, have tried and always got the same issue:

• Motherboard: Asus P5VD2-X, chipsets VIA PT890, VIA VT8237A.
  • CPU: Dualcore Intel Pentium D 925, Presler, 3000 Mhz (15 x 200) supports x86, x86-64, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3
  • Main Bus: Intel GTL+, 64 bits
  • RAM: 1Gb Kingston DDR2 SDRAM
  • Hard drives: Seagate 160 Gb SATA (boot with winxp) + Maxtor 200 Gb attached as Master on Primary IDE Channel (empty NTFS partition made with Winxp or Magic Gparted)
  • DVD: External USB 2.0 LG recorder.
  • Video card: nVidia GeForce 6600 PCI-E, two monitors plugged, one at VGA, another at DVI port. Works with XP perfectly.
  • More things: Modem, Firewire PCI card, PS-2 wireless keyboard and mouse, no-floppy plugged.
  • NOTE: The motherboard has the damn Jmicron!

At this moment the boot hard drive (SATA) has installed WinXP and Ubuntu, boots with Grub and allows to choice between the two systems installed.

Here is my large list of attempts:

• I have tried with two different ISO: ToH Leopard RC2 and Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1, several copies, burned with Nero and ImgBurn at the slowest speed possible (4x at my DVD drive).
  • Never have succeeded to Disk Utility or anything, when I try to boot from DVD always get the Darwin black screen and the following error: "com.apple.boot.plist not found".
  • At this point I always have tried F8 and the following commands, entered one by one: -f, -v, -v -f, -f -v, -legacy, vanilla, cpus-1... everything that I have read out there.
  • Always got the same "not found" error.
  • This is very frustrating to me, but also tried to format the IDE hard drive formatted in NTFS, FAT32, HFS, HFS+, etc. Nothing different happens.
  • Also tried to boot from DVD with only the SATA HD plugged, and only with the IDE HD plugged or the two HD plugged. WinXP detects successfully the two HD's without any problem, if it isn't formatted on HFS or HFS+.
  • Also have tried formatting the IDE HD directly from an ibook, with disk utility, with the same results.
  • Tried with the same IDE HD inside a Firewire enclosure, and inside an USB enclosure.
  • Have tried disabling the Jmicron from Bios.
  • Have tried the following SATA modes in the Bios: disabled, IDE, SATA, AHCI.
  • Have tried the diverse ISO's in an older PC with Pentium 4, with the same error.
  • Have tried the DVD's in the iBook, once the OS X is loaded, I insert the disc and seems to be well recorded (I get the Leopard install mounted on the desktop, and the content appears to be valid).

I have not found any information about my motherboard, the Asus P5VD2-X. Have found a similar P5VD2-MX, but this one includes an integrated video card, I think. Also think the main problem is the "Jmicron", but it thought that Kalyway supported this.

In any case, it seems that all the people who is using a Jmicron enabled motherboard are supposed to install any Leopard un-patched, though they have later problems after the first re-boot, when they need to edit the ".plist" in Terminal.

I'm not at that chance, because not have the opportunity to make any proccess of the install.

I wonder if any of you could help, it would be very appreciated. Sorry for my bad English.

PS: It will help if you could recommend install Tiger as well!!

Rafa.