Post installation first boot prob

dhs60r3

2 posts in this topic

Okay I recently installed Kalyway leo osx 10.5.1.1 on an Emachines with minimum requirements

512 ram

celeron D with sse2 @3.65

128 mb ati card

Now the installation and set up breezes by, but after installation during first boot i get an intel scan, (i believe i did this on my brothers computer and i am not any wheres near it right now at this moment)

well it tries to scan for the network, using dhcp and then it says there are no bootable devices, i figured it rejected the network adapter so i wiped it and then reinstalled same problem, and i figure this is being caused by something stupid that i should know how to fix so im willing to under go all the abuse i'm about to take for this question? ho do i fix this/what is the problem here???

Your computer probably has the PXE Network client enabled.

This is used to boot a machine from a remote server. In your BIOS you can probably turn it off. Its usually called LAN ROM/BIOS.

If Leopard won't boot, leave the Install DVD in your DVD drive and don't touch any keys and when the timer reaches zero it should boot.

That's a temporary solution. Long term solution is to setup a boot loader. This is common issue, nothing you did per say.