Intel Dv9000 SLEEP FIX GUIDE FOR LEOPARD!

tommy143

39 posts in this topic

Sleep Guide:

1. Download SLEEP_FIX.zip and Unzip
  2. Backup Acpiplatfourm.kext and applesmbious.kext located in system/library/extentions
  3. Move the Acpi And Smbios that you unziped into system/library/extentions
  4. Go into Application Utilities and Open Disk Utily and click repair permissions
  5. Once you completed reaparing permission open up Terminal in the Untiliter folder and type sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
  6. Restart
  7. Requiments: Vanilla Kernel and ALL Software Updates Installed. Note: your pm setting will always stay on custom there subpose to... and from my knowlege this will only work with a vanilla kernel have not tested it on anything else

TROUBLESHOOTING: IF YOUR COMPUTER STARTS WITH A KERNEL PANIC RESTART WITH -F (FORCES ALL EXTENTIONS TO LOAD) COMMAND AT DARWIN IT WILL GET YOU INTO LEOPARD ONE IN THERE OPEN UP TERMINAL AND COPY THE FIRST SET OF COMMANDS YOU DONT HAVE TO DO ONE BY ONE JUST COPY IT ALL AND PASTE IT IN TERMINAL ONCE YOUVE DONE THAT GO TO THE NEXT BATCH OF COMMAND THAT START WITH sudo chown -R 0:0 ONCE YOUVE COMPLETE BOTH INCRUMENTS SETS OF COMMANDS CLOSE TERMINAL AND OPEN DISK UTILY AND CLICK REPAIR PERMISSION ONCE MORE ONCE THAT HAS BEEN COMPLETED GO IN TO SYSTEM LIBRARY AND DELETE EXTENTION.MKEXT AND THEN RESTART AND U SHOULD BE ALL SET YOU SHOULD BE SLEEPING LIKE A BABY

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Resources /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/version.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIPlatform /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePCIConfigurator.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIEC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPCI.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext/Contents /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext/Contents/MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext/Contents/version.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIButtons /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIEC.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIEC.kext/Contents/MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIEC.kext/Contents/version.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIEC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIEC /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext/Contents /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext/Contents/version.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext/Contents/MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPILPC /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPCI.kext/Contents /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPCI.kext/Contents/version.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPCI.kext/Contents/MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPCI.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIPCI /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/version.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIPowerSource /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePCIConfigurator.kext/Contents /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePCIConfigurator.kext/Contents/version.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePCIConfigurator.kext/Contents/MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePCIConfigurator.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePCIConfigurator.kext/Contents/MacOS/ApplePCIConfigurator

AND

sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Resources /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/version.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIPlatform /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePCIConfigurator.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIEC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPCI.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext/Contents /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext/Contents/MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext/Contents/version.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIButtons /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIEC.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIEC.kext/Contents/MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIEC.kext/Contents/version.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIEC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIEC /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext/Contents /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext/Contents/version.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext/Contents/MacOS

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Resources /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/version.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIPlatform /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePCIConfigurator.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIEC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPCI.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext/Contents /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext/Contents/MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext/Contents/version.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIButtons /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIEC.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIEC.kext/Contents/MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIEC.kext/Contents/version.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIEC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIEC /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext/Contents /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext/Contents/version.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext/Contents/MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPILPC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPILPC /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPCI.kext/Contents /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPCI.kext/Contents/version.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPCI.kext/Contents/MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPCI.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIPCI /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/version.plist System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIPowerSource /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePCIConfigurator.kext/Contents /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePCIConfigurator.kext/Contents/version.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePCIConfigurator.kext/Contents/MacOS /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePCIConfigurator.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePCIConfigurator.kext/Contents/MacOS/ApplePCIConfigurator

Any Other Question Feel Free To Pm Me

also if u see anything in my specs that i have working

and you dont let me know and ill send you the drivers and a walkthrough

My Specs:

• hp Dv9000t

• Intel 1.73 Core Dup
  • Geforce 7600 go 512 (works perfect q\e rotation and res with nvinject)
  • 2 100 Gb Hard Drives 1st: Windows Vista Ultimate 2nd: Leopard 10.5.1 Netkas Efi v8 And TOH RC2
  • 2 Gb Ram
  • Dvd-Rw Optical drive
  • Webcam Out Of the box
  • SLEEP/SHUTDOWN/RESTART 100 PERCENT WORKING USING THIS GUIDE
  • Wifi Intel 3945 A/B/G - Swaped out for Dell 1390(With hacked HP Bios)
  • ALL USB PORTS
  • SOUND IN SPEAKERS ONLY IF ANYONE FINES A FIX FOR THE HEADPHONE AND MIC JACK LET ME KNOW
  • NOT WORKING: MEDIA CARD READER -MIC HEADPHON IN JACK

I moved your post because it has no step-by-step guide, you are only telling us what you did.

Give it more "form" and I take it back to the "tutorials".

Also all message in UPPER CASE is awfull.

EDIT:

Also specify what are your PC specs, not all manufacturers has the same devices or properties.

Did you mod these kexts ?

Tell us more about your hardware

It's easier to got 100 % working system with ich8 or ich7 than ich9

see:

I have got a 100 % fonctionnal system with an Intel board DQ965gf ich8 southbrige 965 chipset

Here the detailled kexts which differ from Apple retail install

Kalyway 10.5.1 dvd install Efi guid vanilla kernel :

Mod

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

AppleLPC.kext

ATIRadeonX1000.kext

IOATAFamily.kext

JMicronATA.kext

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

AppleAHCIPort.kext

AppleSMBIOS.kext

AppleHDA.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

Missing

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Add

AppleAC97Audio.kext

AppleGenericPCATA.kext

AppleNForceATA.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

AppleVIAATA.kext

dsmos.kext

ALCinject.kext

NVinject.kext

Notice that the same install on a P35-DS3P only reboot fine

Cheers

this didn't do anything at all on my dv9500t with iATKOS Leopard v1.0i

all i got was a kernel panic and i had to fix it using the commands

but, i still cant sleep

when i tried to run the command to disable hibernate i got an error that it could not write custom power profiles to disk

if u red my troubleshooting guide it tell u too boot with -f also with iatkos if u just click no stock acpi platfourm kext during iatkos instal it automaticaly gives u my files and then u have sleep ur doing something wrong

when i tried to run the command to disable hibernate i got an error that it could not write custom power profiles to disk

same here

Cut'n Paste does not work also. I've wrote a bash script to do the stuff

But no wakeup after sleep

I'm lost now. With iatkos i have network in my notebook, but no sleep function

With brazilmac i have sleep function, but no network and bluetooth

I'm looking forward to a brazilkos DVD :D

same here

Cut'n Paste does not work also. I've wrote a bash script to do the stuff

But no wakeup after sleep

I'm lost now. With iatkos i have network in my notebook, but no sleep function

With brazilmac i have sleep function, but no network and bluetooth

I'm looking forward to a brazilkos DVD :wacko:

well to be honest that very very weird . cause in iatkos durring the install if u goto customize and click no stock acpi platfourm kext and click netkas applesmbios after the install is complete open up terminal and do the pmset like i told u if it doesnt work do sudo infront of it and u should be on ur way this worked for alot of ppl u must be doing something wrong

Yes you're right. But it's because the unclear postings about stock kernel selection. I've just learned that i should select netkas applesmbios.

Anyway. Let us get these things straight:

I can select in iatkos:

EFI

!

!- Efi bootloader

!-Stock Kernel

!-Stock Kernel with AppleACPI Platform kext

Patches

!

!-SSE2 SSe3

!- Remove CPUPowerManagement

!-Remove Thermal kexts

Drivers

!-System

!-AppleSMBIOS netkas

!-Intel Speedstep

So you told us here and in earlier postings

- Klick No stock ApplePlatform.kext. So i select Stock Kernel. Even though iatkos told me after EFI bootloader selection. "Do not forget to select ACPIPlatform"

- Do not select speedstep. So i don't select this

- Select netkas Patch. So i select this.

Anything else?

I'm trying another install with these selections now.

pm set... is definitly not working. Either with stock Kernel, stock ACPI, or nothing stock selected. Error 0xe00002c9 writing customized power profiles to disk

Yes you're right. But it's because the unclear postings about stock kernel selection. I've just learned that i should select netkas applesmbios.

Anyway. Let us get these things straight:

I can select in iatkos:

EFI

!

!- Efi bootloader

!-Stock Kernel

!-Stock Kernel with AppleACPI Platform kext

Patches

!

!-SSE2 SSe3

!- Remove CPUPowerManagement

!-Remove Thermal kexts

Drivers

!-System

!-AppleSMBIOS netkas

!-Intel Speedstep

So you told us here and in earlier postings

- Klick No stock ApplePlatform.kext. So i select Stock Kernel. Even though iatkos told me after EFI bootloader selection. "Do not forget to select ACPIPlatform"

- Do not select speedstep. So i don't select this

- Select netkas Patch. So i select this.

Anything else?

I'm trying another install with these selections now.

let me make this simple for u install efi select stock kernel and unselect acpipowermangment next select applesmbious netkas next click remove theremal kext and cpu powermanagement kext . DO NOT SELECT ANYTHING ELSE also dont select video drivers u have to install those manualy for some reason iatkos has bad version of video injects and they dont work with are specfic laptop .. install video cards manually when ur in the os

1. install efi
  2. select stock kernel
  3. unselect stock acpipowermanagment.kext
  4. select applesmbious.kext
  5. remove thermal kext and cpupowermanagment.kext
  6. DO NOT SELECT AND VIDEO CARD DRIVERS
  7. install if the installer reboots durring the istaltion no worries just restart and do again it usally always happens
  8. once install is done reboot in to os go to nvinject and download grahics driver for ur device
  9. download 10.5.2 dmg from the apple website DO NOT GO THREW APPLE SOFTWARE UPDATES
  10. open up terminal before u start the install and type "sudo -s" of course with out the quotations
  11. next after typeing sudo -s type this exzackly "while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done" copy and paste it in terminal ezackly how its typed here
  12. once the install has completed DONOT REBOOT
  13. In the Terminal window, hold the CONTROL key and press C.
  14. type in terminal "sudo nano /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1"
  15. Find the line with /System/Library/Extensions/Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext
  16. Replace it with:/System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext
  17. Hold CONTROL and press the O key. Then hit enter.
  18. Hold CONTROL and press the X Key
  19. Type exit and enter. and close terminal
  20. restart
  21. u will boot into the apple logo and then it will restart again once restarted again u should be in ur os
  22. next threw software updates install leopard graphic update and restarted
  23. once restarted you should be up and running with sleep and 10.5.2
  24. also note if when u sleep and u cant sleep . like the power button keeps blinking open terminal and go
  25. sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
  26. and now you restart
  27. any other question please feal free to contact me

Hi, thank you for your post but sleep is still not working for me

I've got HP dv6675 and iAKTOS release. I've updated today to 10.5.2.

Everithing is working but sleep and wifi

I've downloaded your .zip and replaced .kext but still no sleep

I have to say behaviour is exactly the same as before .kext substitution...

Any idea??

Thanx

Hi, thank you for your post but sleep is still not working for me

I've got HP dv6675 and iAKTOS release. I've updated today to 10.5.2.

Everithing is working but sleep and wifi

I've downloaded your .zip and replaced .kext but still no sleep

I have to say behaviour is exactly the same as before .kext substitution...

Any idea??

Thanx

did u open up terminal and do sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

also whats ur wifi cards

did u open up terminal and do sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

[also whats ur wifi cards

Yes sure, I've also checked that setting was correctly reported with

pmset -g

I think HP use different suppliers for his dv9000/dv6000 series

so maybe your method works for some models and not for others

wifi card is usual (not supported...yet) Intel 3945a/b/g

Hey just tested last night - did not work for me. I have Kalyway 10.5.1 updated to 10.5.2 running flawlessly except for sleep and line-out

I replaced the files in extensions which resulted in some random popup errors like 1 min later telling me it couldnt use the kexts or something, ran permissions, ran the sudo code, restarted

got kernel panic, booted with f, ran your first set of commands, took a couple of seconds. ran your second set of commands, took a while and then ended up telling me it couldn't chown on one of them (i think one that ended with /MACOS)

Restarted, still no sleep

DV9000t here with 512MB video, 2GB RAM, everything else working!

Any ideas?

Thanks man for all the effort

has anyone get the pmset command working without the error?
if u have the files u need to pmset to disable hibernate mode there should be no reason why u cant pmset its makeing no sence
if u have the files u need to pmset to disable hibernate mode there should be no reason why u cant pmset its makeing no sence
also does everyone have the hacked leopard powermanagment.bundle

please tell me if u have any sucess with this thank u

This is BRILLIANT. I have a dv1659us with kalyway 10.5.1, upgraded to 10.5.2. It has Centrino Core Duo and Intel 82945GM Graphics. Vanilla kernel, EFI with MBR, running alongside XP in the first partition OSX86 in the second. Wireless works using a HP Broadcom mini PCI-E with the Airport Extreme Update kexts loaded, not frameworks. Card Reader does not work. Nor does Ricoh Integrated Webcam

Sleep did not work after 10.5.2 and I downloaded the two kexts above, then used kexthelper b7 (in the Kalyway release) to install them and then rebooted. Works perfectly. My sleep button now says 'Restart Sleep Cancel Shutdown' and I can restart from sleep. Works on Battery and AC. BUT I have to reconnect to Airport after Sleep.

Any ideas on - Auto reconnect of Airport (I know this is really pushing the borders, as I don't know how a normal Mac behaves on this).

I have not done pmset commands as it does not seem to need them: my pmset -g looks like this

AC Power -1*

Currently in use:

sleep 10

displaysleep 10

autorestart 0

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

powerbutton 1

hibernatemode 3

womp 1

disksleep 10

ttyskeepawake 1

Its the same whether the power is on or not - so I don't have Battery Meters etc, which I would like to learn how to fix - another topic I know. Any thoughts on the pmset?

This is BRILLIANT. I have a dv1659us with kalyway 10.5.1, upgraded to 10.5.2. It has Centrino Core Duo and Intel 82945GM Graphics. Vanilla kernel, EFI with MBR, running alongside XP in the first partition OSX86 in the second. Wireless works using a HP Broadcom mini PCI-E with the Airport Extreme Update kexts loaded, not frameworks. Card Reader does not work. Nor does Ricoh Integrated Webcam

Sleep did not work after 10.5.2 and I downloaded the two kexts above, then used kexthelper b7 (in the Kalyway release) to install them and then rebooted. Works perfectly. My sleep button now says 'Restart Sleep Cancel Shutdown' and I can restart from sleep. Works on Battery and AC. BUT I have to reconnect to Airport after Sleep.

Any ideas on - Auto reconnect of Airport (I know this is really pushing the borders, as I don't know how a normal Mac behaves on this).

I have not done pmset commands as it does not seem to need them: my pmset -g looks like this

AC Power -1*

Currently in use:

sleep 10

displaysleep 10

autorestart 0

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

powerbutton 1

hibernatemode 3

womp 1

disksleep 10

ttyskeepawake 1

Its the same whether the power is on or not - so I don't have Battery Meters etc, which I would like to learn how to fix - another topic I know. Any thoughts on the pmset?

ok well currently u have ur computer set to hibernate mode that probaly why ur haveing airport promblems if u do the pmset above that i give u u should have no problem auto reconnect on wake also if u ever wanna change it back to the one u have just change the 0 in the pmset command to a 3 also the battery icon u can find on here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=80425

after that u should be all set let me know how it goes

didn't work for me. At least now i can run the pmset -a hibernatemode 0, but notebook wakes up right after putting to sleep.
well did u goto power management and do allthe sliders to never sleep and then try to click the apple in the top left and click sleep as soon as the screen goes black and the power button starts blinking close the lid... and now ur laptop is sleep

Thank you for your effort. Got it know working. Can tell you why

- You mentioned "do allthe sliders to never sleep". Didn't read that before, so i did that

- My SATA was running without AHCI

- and my bluetooth was on. Whenever bluetooth was enabled, the PC goes to sleep and wakes up immideately

So, one out of the three did the trick.

Thank you!

Thank you for your effort. Got it know working. Can tell you why

- You mentioned "do allthe sliders to never sleep". Didn't read that before, so i did that

- My SATA was running without AHCI

- and my bluetooth was on. Whenever bluetooth was enabled, the PC goes to sleep and wakes up immideately

So, one out of the three did the trick.

Thank you!

too be honest i was just thinking of anything it could be and i didnt know u had bluetooth ... if i knew that i would have told u that usally 90 percent of the problem lolol ... any other problem let me know