Help? Won't let me format/mount partition...

TurboRegal

4 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Did what I thought I was suppose to, this seems to be going similar to my last osx86 experience!

Resized my data partition to a new 12.5GB Fat32 partition, then set it as active in windows and shut down.

Booted to Kalyway 10.5.1, I rememember it showed up as "OSX' as the name of the drive. I then went to format it as Mac Journaled drive, as instructred.

Now the partition is greyed out, labeled whatever the "default" name is (NOT OSX like I named it when I tried to reformat) and it is greyed out, so it CAN'T be mounted!

Of course it's the active patition so I can't boot back into windows, and with my luck I can't boot into Ubuntu (I'm assuming a graphics card issue with my 8800gt)

How can I fix this, in any way possible!

I'm about to try a USB linux distro, and now Ubuntu comes up with something about it not detecting my graphics card, but when I let it run in low resolution mode it just sits at "running local scripts"

ARGH!

Any suggestions? I've screwed around ALL DAY, and can't figure this stupid thing out, and now have a non-working computer!

Am I doing something wrong in the formatting process? Even AFTER the MAC OS Journaled format attempt fails, I can go back and format it as FAT32 and it shows up properly again (IE not grayed out)

PLEASE can someone help me