HELP: I cant install mac JaS 10.4.6 Install dvd

Idle0095

4 posts in this topic

okay i downloaded this file JaS 10.4.6 Install dvd located on this website http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2006/0...-intel-and-amd/

i used the second option on that site. now when i boot off the dvd it starts to install then right away a error box pops uo and says i must restart the computer by holding down the power button or pressing the reset button. ive done this over and over and the same thing happens. installing it ona dell vostro 1400. now in the comments section on that website everyone is having the same thing. anyone know what i need to do to get this to work?

Dell vostro 1400:

http://www.dell.com/content/products/produ...~tab=bundlestab

Sigmatel audio

Intel SATA controller

Either GM965 Intel, or GF8400M, graphics

In the instructions, in the first set of instructions, you are directed to a place, there you would get a file called: XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel, rev 1.0

(I know it works I am on it NOW)

Once you get it, burn it as slow as you can, to keep errors at a minimum. CAREFULLY read the included instructions and "have at it".

Give that a shot.

were is this located XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel, rev 1.0??

also that dell link you posted is no good. im confused here. i already burned the disc and like i said when i put it in it starts the install then says right away that i need to restart my computer.

Very likely the disk you have is corrupted.

You will find that XxX disk at that pirate place by the bay, currently there are 37 seeders, it lacks printer drivers, so it is small, and a fast download, if needed you can add a printer later.

There are fairly detailed install instructions with the download.

BEFORE installing an operating system you MUST know what hardware is in your computer (device makers and models), you WILL be making IMPORTANT choices based on this info, so writing down that kind of stuff is not a bad idea.