Iphone activation hack?

bobbylx

3 posts in this topic

Hello. So, I've searched google and found a number of different utilities and guides, but I wanted to see if I can get direct input for my situation.

Since it is tax time here in the states, I'm going to buy an Iphone this Friday. I plan to activate it in July when my current phone contract is up. Until then I want to be able to use it like an Ipod touch.

I figure that I will probably get the 1.1.3 firmware, since it is now February. I'm not looking to do the full unlock or even a jailbreak, I just want to activate it and then in July be able to un-activate it and then activate it again with AT&T.

I've found a utility for Mac called iActivate. From the descript it has the ability to activate and un-activate back to origianl form. Has anyone used this or a similar product? If possible I would rather not have to downgrade to another firmware. Most of the guides I am finding online describe how to downgrade, jailbreak, unlock and activate in one long guide.

Like I said, I just want to activate and use the built in features with no phone service or jailbreaking.

Is this possible and if so, is there a good guide for this?

Thanks

For anyone who's interested. Found a nice guide for this. Basically I downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbreak and activate, then upgrade to 1.1.2. Jailbreak and activate again and it's up and running. Everything works great, just no phone service, which I didn't want now anyway.

Here's the guide I used. http://radajo.blogspot.com/2008/01/guide-t...iphone-112.html