Some advice please

brotje

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

i have been doing some research about hackintosh the past few weeks. i've downloaded all sorts of prepatched images - i.e. TOH, kalyway, iatkos, brazilmac - and i managed to get jas 10.4.8 running on vmware. i now want to move on to leopard, (not in vmware) but even in vmware i can't seem to get leopard installed. Ok, this is due to some compatibility problems with hackintosh and vmware, but when i try to boot from the leopard install dvd, i get the '/com.apple.Boot.plist not found'-error. i configured my BIOS with all possible combinations but i guess the error arrises because of my DVD drive, which is IDE and osx won't boot from that one. i now think i've got an IDE to SATA converter and want to try it in my pc. Is it worth it, and will it immediately be recognised by the BIOS or is there some tweaking involved here?

furthermore, what are the differences between the different kernels and which one should i take and will there be any compatibility issues with my system except for network and audio?

my specs:

CPU: E6600 2,4Ghz

GPU: MSI GeForce 8800GTS 640MB

HDD: WD Caviar 250GB SATA

DVD: Nec AD-7173, ATAPI/E-IDE

Mobo: ASUS P5B

thnks in advance