my hackintosh is getting slower as time goes by....

davidyaha

5 posts in this topic

i'v installed iatkos with speedstep and after i couldn't boot right with EFI (both iAtkos and Kalyway) and i'v also installed the right kexts for everything so it all works great... BUT.... after a fresh boot it works great for about an hour.... after that, not precise, time limit it goes wrong.... at first videos are slugish and also dock magnification... and after for about another hour it get stuck even when i'm moving my mouse..... and then i usually restart... but if i will continue for another like 4 hours the OS will just show that gray screen thet tels you to restart... oh and while i'm at it... need for speed carbon doesn't work.. actually it is working but i can only hear sounds.... any way this my hardware:

Pentuim D 3.0 Ghz

Gigabyte 945GZM-S2 (rev.3.0)

Palit nvidia 8500gt 512 Gb

2 Gb RAM by kingstone 667Mhz

ALC883 built-in

if you need to know anything else please ask!

thanks ahead for any helper!!!!

Heyo,

I was having a similar problem. Next time it starts slowing down can you fire up Activity Monitor (Applications->Utilities->Activity Monitor) and select "All Processes" from the drop down list? Check to see if a process called MDS (or mdsworker) is sucking up most of your CPU. It seems to be an odd glitch with Spotlight. I actually simply disabled Spotlight with Spotless, but if you're having the same problem maybe we can find a better solution :). Let me know how this works for you.

its not the OS but the HDD, i had the same problem on till i found a solution to it, i have 2 HDDs 1 with xp and the other Leo. but when i start my machine and the leo HDD is selected in Bios, it runs very slow and my xp works normal but if i go to my bios setting and set up leo for boot and change the HDD setting to ACHP or something like this. then the leo works better than my imac, performance way...give it a try