Keyboard Detection and File Transfer Endless Loop

bo150000

7 posts in this topic

Was able to install Kally 10.5.1 on my Dell Dimension E520 with no issues. After the reboot the video appeared with the X logo, and then the wizard for keayboard detection and file transfer. My keayboard is USB and I have no PS2 ports. After completing the wizard an enless loop occurs with the video and the wizard....over and over and over.....

So I then rebooted the PC and selected F8 and placed the following in the startup options.

-x "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32"

That got rid of the video, but now I just get the wizard over and over and over....

Any ideas?

Thanks....

Haha, I have the exact same problem! I finally got Leopard to boot and it gave me the Wonderful welcome video. However, after that it said that it didn't recognize my keyboard. Not so hard, I just made it give up and I manually choose my keyboard layout (besides, it seemed to not recognize the "windows start key" which makes sense). However, it then asks if I want to transfer anything to my "New Mac" and I say no. It will stall there for a while and then loop back to the welcome video.

I have already deleted the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in the effort to get Leopard to work. We all would love some help on this! New Keyboard? Do we need to bring something over? Anyone gotten past this?

**Edit**

It seems that this person needed to actually get a PS2 keyboard and mouse to complete the installation. However... what if you don't have the necessary ports, nor a converter handy? He mentioned deleting some Kexts, would it be possible to do that and just skip the keyboard part entirely?

• 3 weeks later...

Word. Same thing. It's strange though. I ran the Kalyway 10.5.1 first and booted up and ran through this wizard fine. I broke something and started my reinstall (first with just the Kalyway disc again and then with the "Perfect Install Guide") and hit the same endless keyboard ID loop both times. I've changed nothing in the BIOS and the keyboard works all the way through the install. I'm completely at a loss. Any ideas?

B

I had the same problem, it is due to a Network card not being supported.

I purchased a $20 D-Link NIC and it worked fine straight after that, there is a thread somewhere though gives you other options on bypassing it (since I wanted network connectivity I didn't bother with the others). I'll have a look for the thread and if I can find it I'll post the link here