shootingfreak101

11 posts in this topic

I have a self built comp specs:

Mobo: abit is7

CPU : P4 3GHz 478

Ram : 1 GB Geil

HD : 160 GB maxtor (Leo) 200 GB (XP) Segate

GFX : ATI Radeon X850 XT

I have xp and leo on spearate HDs. I loaded Leo on a single GUID Partition. I DIDN'T load any of the Kernels or SSE2 or anything. (Basically I didn't mess with any of the settings) Leo had a successful install on my HD. When I reboot it goes through the black screen boot loader thing and proceeds to the White screen with the Apple logo and loading circle. The loading circle moves around for a while and then just freezes.

Any tips on how to stop apple logo from freezing?

I have a self built comp specs:Mobo: abit is7CPU : P4 3GHz 478Ram : 1 GB GeilHD : 160 GB maxtor (Leo) 200 GB (XP) SegateGFX : ATI Radeon X850 XTI have xp and leo on spearate HDs. I loaded Leo on a single GUID Partition. I DIDN'T load any of the Kernels or SSE2 or anything. (Basically I didn't mess with any of the settings) Leo had a successful install on my HD. When I reboot it goes through the black screen boot loader thing and proceeds to the White screen with the Apple logo and loading circle. The loading circle moves around for a while and then just freezes. Any tips on how to stop apple logo from freezing?
anyone there? :censored2:basically i just have a GUID partition and install. didn't install any drivers from the advance options. It goes through booting until white screen, swirley thing goes around and then freezes.ffs is anyone going to post something for this? are you all noobs?

Same issue as I had with the Pentium M - not the same processor, but more than likely the same problem.

Don't use the Vanilla Kernel, use SSE2, and make sure you use whichever you've formatted your machine with - GUID or MBR.

That should get you past the boot screen. I was stuck the same until another member helped me.

Hey i got an Intel Core Duo T2400.

Is there a HUGE difference between an Intel Core 2 Duo?

Because i always installed the vanilla kernel incl. EFI Bootloader (GUID or MBR) but all went wrong.. I just saw the apple loading screen for 1 sec and then my system reboots (unimportant wether i use -x or -v or not)...

Well... and would it be a difference to install mac os x without the vanilla kernel (just default kernel?!)