COMPAQ Presario 6000 + AMD Turion 64 Dual Core

3 posts in this topic

First of all, I wanna say "Hello" with my first topic, and i wanna send "Thank you's" to all of you who will help me find the answers.

Here are my Laptop specs :

COMPAQ Presario V6000 Revision 1 - ( V6024 EA, purchased in Spain )

Motherboard chipset: NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Controller

BIOS: Hewlett-Packard F.13 07/11/2006

Hard drive : 100GB SATA - FUJITSU MHV2100BH ( 3 PARTITIONS : C = 40 gb (NTFS), D = 50 gb (NTFS), E = 5,89 gb (FAT32 = Recovery Partition)

Processor : AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50 @ 1600 Mhz

RAM : 2048 GB

Audio: Conexant High Definition Audio

Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

I would place myself in Windows knowledge around intermediate level (installed windows a few times, resized partitions, etc), but in the Apple MAC Operating System and Hackintosh, I'm a total novice, one of those guys who needs to read "Hackitosh for Dummies" :( (many many times)

Here's what I wanna do : I wanna be able to install a version of OSX 86 , in which THE SOUND TO WORK, because all i need the laptop for is MUSIC. I am planning to install Logic Pro 8, or Logic Express 8, so THIS IS ALL I NEED.

I WILL ALSO USE THE LAPTOP FOR MAC EXCLUSIVELY, SO NO DUAL BOOT.

I will not be disappointed if other things won't work, as long as SOUND will work and the LOGIC software. I can live without wireless, as I have a secondary desktop thats online almost 24/7.

Now my question is : did ANYONE managed to make osx work on this specs ? ( even if, with no working bluetooth and wireless ? )

If yes, WHICH VERSION ? - I am now in the process of downloading three separate versions of osx 86 : kalyway_leo_10.5.1, iatkos_v1.0i_osx86_leopard_10.5.1_efi_boot_loader, and jas 10.4.8 with sse2 and sse3 for amd.

In case there is one version out there which works on the technical specs mentioned above, could anyone point me in the right direction ?

As I've read the Read Me first Topic, I understand that the majority of this forum members are intelligent gifted people (not anyone is making from hacking a hobby), so as expected, in most situations clever people are busy. This being said, I don't expect anyone to spoon feed me, but some LINKS RELATED TO THE ABOVE SPECS, with guides for a beginners and novices, would be too much to ask ?

I know it might sound lame, but after many sleepless nights of searching the forum, I couldn't find the answers.

I am very very tired, I know that many of you are as well. so I do apologize if I didn't post this topic in the right section.

Thank you very very much, I hope I will eventually rich the end of the tunnel with your help.

Greetings from Spain.

You can also e-mail me at : confuzzed_4_sure@yahoo.co.uk

• 3 months later...

HELLO!

I GOT IT WORKING ON MY COMPAQ V6340EU WITH KALAWAY 10.5.2 INTEL/AMD WITH WIFI SOUND BUT JUST NOT GRAPHICS THEN WHEN I INSTALLED THE GRAPHICS STUFF IT WOULDNT WORK AGEN. AND I WAS DUEL BOOTING FINE WITH IT.

I KNOW ITS PROB NOT HELPED BUT THOUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AS THEY ARE BASSICALLY THE SAME LAPTOP!

GOOD LUCK!

• 1 year later...

I have been searching Google for days now looking for a decent guide to build my first mac/pc with no luck. I resorted to trying a dual-boot on my Dell Inspiron Laptop and I had to re-install windows because the Boot file got screwed up in the process. I would rather install Leopard or Snow Leopard on this Compaq if it is possible. I want to use it for C and iPhone SDK programming and just because I love the Mac Operating System. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys and this is a great forum.

These are my specs:

Compaq Pesario 6020US

1.73-GHz Athlon XP 2100+ processor

256MB of 266-MHz DDR memory (About to upgrade to 1G + 256MB or maybe 2G)

Maxtor 160GB Hard Disk

Compaq DVD-ROM 117 (Secondary)

Stock CD-RW (primary)

Legacy Diskette 0 3.5" 1.44 MB

Running Windows XP