Stupid 'Because of a problem, installing Mac OS X could not be completed'

7 posts in this topic

I'm very confused because i always get past the language section (English)

Then it says 'Preparing Installation' and either crashes with 'Localdump' or the message

Sometimes however rarely i actually get to the proper installation setup and i managed once to start the first steps however it always crashes in the end.

My RAM is 512MB and im not sure if that has anything to do with it... I've mentioned this in other posts however i don't get a proper answer on how to stop it... Right now i'm on a Virtual Drive (any way to stay like that) but get rid of the message

Help would be appreciated.. I have read other posts however not much

PS. I have tried disabling Legacy Emulation however error message still comes

I too, am VERY confused.

Rather than "shotgun" the forum, bordering on spamming why not:

1) try "properly" posting your difficulty once, with the model number of your Sony, a link to the specs (so no one has to look the dam thing up), AND exactly what you are trying to install (all releases have a name, or title).

2) while you patiently wait for someone to help you, try using the forum search function, the main page install tips, or anything else you like, believe me, any reading done here is not wasted.

Things like this, may, or may not be useful:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;hl=Sony+Vaio

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;hl=Sony+Vaio

Working on computers requires "straight line *thinking*", no matter what you wish to accomplish, you must FIRST identify your hardware. On your Sony computer there is a model number, you, after getting this number, along with the name "Vaio", would go to Sony and look it up. Now, some manufacturers are stingy with the details on the spec page, in this case you would check the driver downloads for your model for more details. Sometimes even the drivers are shrouded in secrecy, and you must download them, and disassemble to check device makers and models.

Armed with this info you are now ready to attempt operating system install after checking device compatibility (availability of drivers).

In your case we have already determined you do not have enough ram. OSx requires a MINIMUM of 512m of "available" ram for an install, which you do not have, as some of what you have is assigned to your video. For successful operation of OSx 512m is simply not enough, I'm just managing it on 756m, and it sure would be better on a gig of ram.

Thanks.. no wonder i get that error message.. its because of my RAM (when i increase my RAM it gets further)

So.. can i get anywhere then or should i just leave installation (Would it work natively because right now i'm on VMware)