blue screen after login

daveripley

11 posts in this topic

so i have managed to get osx to boot to the login screen. i can input my login details but after that nothing happens, just a blue screen, no mouse cursor or nothing??????

i have looked for fixes on the web and have tried the so called "leopard blue screen of death" fix in single user mode but that has not helped me.

does anyone have any suggestions

regards dave

so i have managed to get osx to boot to the login screen. i can input my login details but after that nothing happens, just a blue screen, no mouse cursor or nothing??????

i have looked for fixes on the web and have tried the so called "leopard blue screen of death" fix in single user mode but that has not helped me.

does anyone have any suggestions

regards dave

I've got the same trouble, but luckily the blue screen went out when I plugged an external lcd to my lappy. But if I plugged it out before boot into leopard, the da*m blue screen stung my eyes as always. Any help for both of us would be of great value!

Saw some of this while setting up my hack mac, and in my case it was around drivers for the displays. Do you have any ability to try to connect to the computer over VNC or screen sharing. You might be able to play with the resolution settings to something that is compatible, and then restart (if you are lucky) if you are not, you may have to find out what video card you have, and follow the associated threads instructions (search on your video card in these forums). If that fails, and you were able to install off of one of the DVDs, you may need to go back to square one and make sure what you installed matches the requirements of your system.

Well i fixed it, i reinstalled kalyway 10.5.1 only installing vanilla on a mbr, then fixed a kernel panic to do vith the video cards used the .applesetupdone hack and changed the password and it worked, must be one of the drivers in the kalway release that done it. Anyway, once logged on the only hardware osx found was my bluetooth so i installed the nvinject for laptops from the dvd and i got my native resolution which was great, osx ran very fast and startup was fast, but the system would become unresponsive after about 5 mins after logging in. so i got fed up and reinstalled vista, cos i dont have the time to mess around at the mo because i need my lappy for work every day. Hopefully someone could tell me why it became unresponsive

maybe when i get more time i will have another go. good luck to all of you hope this post helps.

i will keep checking in to see if i can help anyone with problems the same as mine

maybe someone could tell me what .kext's i would need for my laptop so that next time i try i could get most things working.

my system is a

alienware m9750

c2d 2.33 T7600

2 gig 667mhz ram

dual sli nvidia geforce 7950 gtx's

marvel yukon ethernet 88e8055

intel pro wireless 3945

2 160gig 7200rpm sata drives

reaktek hd audio

Much Appreciated

Regards Dave

• 3 months later...

I've the same thing as well. I've asked a few times in another topic but no one's yet addressed it. It's quite annoying.

I'm using iAtkos 2.0i as Leo4All v3 crashes during installation.

• 1 month later...

i know how you feel when you are stuck with something and no one is willing to post their experiences or advices

im still noob at this but i had similar problem..

try to reboot with -v -x and i was able to login as safe mode then i updated my video kext then wola