Starting from scratch again

josealb

9 posts in this topic

Hello

As some of you may already know I tried to install Leopard OS a week ago but I had a lot of problems. After getting my HDD to work again I wanna try to install leopard again but i'd like to solve some doubts so that it works this time.

First of all I changed the MBR on my HDD is it enough to format the partition to solve that problem?

Do I have to do anything special so that Leopard OS X can boot from a partition?

Thanks!

Sure

I've got a Pentium 4 640 single core CPU running at 3.2 Ghz

Asus P5GD1 Pro MoBo

200 GB SATA 2 HDD with WXP installed on it

500 GB SATA 2 HDD with a 50 GB partition for Leopard and the rest partitioned in NTFS for file storage

XFX Nvidia 8600 GT Graphics Card

I didn't post that info because i thought all the problems were because of the HDD. I got a b0 error but it didn't solve by just setting the partition to active so I tried installing Boot Manager and since then i had the error "Missing operating system"

I also forgot to say that i'm trying to install the Kalyway 10.5.1 "Distro"

First of all i want to understand you correctly

the first HDD is an XP on and the other one is the 500GB?

Second how did you partition your hard drive the that is supposed to hold OSX?

Are you trying to boot from Kalyway disk and get the B0 error?

If so when you get the Darwin boot of the disk hit F8 and type -v and post the image here so it will be easier to see what we are dealing with.

Yes there's a 200 gb HDD with windows and the 500 gb one has a partition where i want to intall leopard os.

I first created the partition with windows disc manager and then formatted it from the kalyway DVD to install leopard. I don't remember the format i selected tho :/ something with journaled (in Gparted it said the format was HFS+)

I get the error when i try to boot on to the leopard os system after the installation

Which options did you use when you installed Kalyway meaning:

did you check vanilla+ACPI?

which did you install Boot_mbr or Boot_guid?

another thing when you get the darwin boot menu hit F8 and type -v

that will give you all sorts of messages and the error message on where you system gets stuck,post a pic of this screen here