Patch Original Mac OSX Disks

dannyc196

3 posts in this topic

hey all ive been reading for hours -_-i have original mac osx leopard diskscan i patch them to work on Amd sse3 insteading of accquiring them other ways :)??i also have a m2n-e mobo but ill use an IDE 20gb hard drive (is there much performance difference?)THANK YOU!!!oh btwi have ASUS 7300GS1gb ramAmd 4200+ummmSATA drives (i will add an IDE one if neccessary)

Hi danny

I dont know much about AMD install but i do know that its possible to install MACOS on AMD machine.

Regarding your question you can modify the original disk for install on a Hackintosh but you need MACOS to do it since windows cant read the install disk (atleast the portion with the install on it)

So your best bet would be to run a search on this part of the forum and see the Amd threads and maybe ask questions later.

I'm not sure you can run unmodified vanilla on AMD maybe only a patched kernel.

Good luck

• 1 year later...
Hi danny

I dont know much about AMD install but i do know that its possible to install MACOS on AMD machine.

Regarding your question you can modify the original disk for install on a Hackintosh but you need MACOS to do it since windows cant read the install disk (atleast the portion with the install on it)

So your best bet would be to run a search on this part of the forum and see the Amd threads and maybe ask questions later.

I'm not sure you can run unmodified vanilla on AMD maybe only a patched kernel.

Good luck

hello ,

I have 3 MAc(2 osx 10.5.7 and one 10.4.8) at home and 3 pc laptops and one pc desktop.

i would like to use the actual installation on my original mac (ex: disk cloning) and patch the installation to run on pc ( make it mac osx86)

is it possible ? please help. thank you in advance.