Kalyway on Dell Optiplex 755

Narse77

10 posts in this topic

I have finally got OS X to boot on this little machine. I was able to use a old Linksys Wireless adapter to get on the net and I am using a USB sound adapter by Sennheiser for audio. The one thing that is killing me is no way to change resolutions. Any idea if kexts are avalible for the Intel G35 video?

• 2 weeks later...
I have finally got OS X to boot on this little machine. I was able to use a old Linksys Wireless adapter to get on the net and I am using a USB sound adapter by Sennheiser for audio. The one thing that is killing me is no way to change resolutions. Any idea if kexts are avalible for the Intel G35 video?

I've got access to a 755 - could you list what bios settings (if any) need to be done in toder to get the OS to install?

TIA!

Michael Kupec

• 3 months later...
I've got access to a 755 - could you list what bios settings (if any) need to be done in toder to get the OS to install?

TIA!

Michael Kupec

I have a 755 with Dual Core, WD Sata HD, ATI 2400 CT Pro, I didn't have to change anything in the BIOS, I had Vista on one drive and dedicated the second drive to OS X. I partitioned the second drive using the Disk Utilities and it is currently installing. I let up know if I have any problems.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a 755 with Dual Core, WD Sata HD, ATI 2400 CT Pro, I didn't have to change anything in the BIOS, I had Vista on one drive and dedicated the second drive to OS X. I partitioned the second drive using the Disk Utilities and it is currently installing. I let up know if I have any problems.

what version of kalyway are you using for 755. i have a 755 too and i was wondering if i can install Mac on it. please let me if there is some specific procedure for it or direct me to a link.

thanks

Used 10.5.2 and then upgraded to 10.5.3. First, I have not found any NIC drivers that work on the Intel 82566DM-2. So I used an old 3com 3c905b card to access the net. As far as changing any BIOS settings, I didn't have to. For booting purposes I can boot using any of two following ways.

1. Acronis OS Selector.

2. Dell Boot Menu.

I am also trying to get a Opltiplex 755 SFF working here. Has anyone been able to get graphics working and can point me in the right direction?

Any links to the drivers used on this PC would be a GREAT HELP. Thanks.

For the small form factor one:

Dell has a PCI/PCI-E riser card for the 755 as well, pretty cheap at $27.99.

430-2597 Combo Full Height Riser 1PCI/1PCI-E,Dell OptiPlex 755 Desktop

It will let you use a full height PCI and PCI-E card (1 of each). You also get the half height PCI on the board.

I loaded iAtkos v2, MBR, 2 partitions, defaults in customize. Video was so-so, no audio, no NIC, wouldn't shut down. Everything else seemed to work correctly though. I may try a hawking wireless card and the kext/dump for audio. The riser card was for a 8800GT.

I dont think its possible to use a riser card in the SFF model. I have been successful with Kalyway 10.5.2. Installed with Vanilla 9.2 kernel with no Audio, NIC or Video drivers. deselected Nforce chipset and no 3rd party software, also netkaslastsmbios. I put in an ATI x1300 Low Profile card to get vid and used the Natit x1300 installed to get it working perfectly full qe/ci with all resolutions. I disabled NIC in the BIOS as that will not work for some time. I am using a belkin USB to Ethernet device with the pegasus OSX driver. For audio I am looking here for hope that our AD1984 Chipset will get a patch soon.

Here is a screen shot off my Optiplex 755 that shows the Device IDs of my machine. If anyone sees anything that may not be driven please let us know :)

post-108084-1214451843_thumb.png

Riotz

• 4 weeks later...

Just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on brand new Optiplex 755 (the big one, not the small form factor)

Installation went fine, no problem at all.

Didn't change anything in BIOS.

Here are some specs:

SYSTEM: Dell OptiPlex 755

BIOS: Dell Inc. A10, 04/30/2008

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.88Ghz E8300

RAM: 4GB DDR2 800Mhz

HDD: Western Digital 80.0GB Raptor WD800ADFS-75SLR2 10,000RPM

VGA: Intel Graphics Controller VESA 3.7. (only 1024x768 is available)

SOUND: ADI 198x Integratred HD Audio - Not Working

LAN: BroadCom 5721C NeXTreme Gigbit Ethernet - Not working

Have few problems, but hope to fix them somehow:)

1. CPU doesn't start if the Kalyway Installation Disk is not in the DVD-Writer.

2. No way to reboot or shut CPU down. Only manually with power button.

3. NIC doesn't work. Ordered this card. Hope it'll work.

4. Would like to hear any suggestions for sound card and video card.

5. External USB HD/Flash drives work fine, but it takes about 5-8 minutes to mount them on the desktop.

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.