Mouse and keyboard stop working, have to reconnect them

chadam

3 posts in this topic

Well i finally got leopard working on my AMD machine everything works sound, network, video

the only thing wrong is that the mouse and keyboard stop working randomly and i have to unplug and plug them in again to get them to work again

im using a logitech g15 and g5 mouse. i have pluged the mouse into the keyboard to see if they both go out at the same time but the mouse will go out without the keyboard but if the keyboard quits they both do and iv tried connecting them bot seperatly to the computer same result. also when im typing and the keyboard goes out it holds the last key down till i unplug it

i think it might be the usb drivers

Im using Zephyroth's Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1 for AMD SSE2/SSE3 (32bits)

my specs

AMD 5200+ athlon 64 x2

asus m2n-sli deluxe

pny 1gbx2 ram

nvidia gts 8800 648mb

please help

if you need more info ask

FWIW, I did my install with a Logitech EX110 USB set, and my mouse would "fall asleep" at times. I had to remove and replace the batteries to get it going again, though the keyboard seemed fine. The mouse though would be erratic at times. Very annoying.

I then switched it over to a Microsoft set that connected through the PS/2 connectors on my MB and it worked great. It might just be dependant on the particular kb and mouse.