Leopard won't boot on Dell Inspiron 1520

painejake

3 posts in this topic

Hi i installed leopard fine on my dell inspiron 1520 and i restarted it it was working really well but after the first reboot if i shutdown the laptop or so in to sleep then i can't boot again. The apple boot screen loads then a blue screen flashes up and then it's like my monitor just turns off and i cant get it to work again. If anyone can help me at all it would be great

Thanks in advance Jay :)

It appears to be issues in video modes.

Does the screen gets dark and the message like "out of range" appears?

But anyway, on boot press F8, choose the partition you've installed mac into, and put -v key to boot in verbose mode. See any bugs in the output.

Thanks for the reply. No i can't see any bug or anything suspicious in verbose mode. It just boots up again and the apple boot screen appears and then the screen goes blue for a few seconds and then it just dies. I know that taking the power out and shutting the laptop and leaving it for 5 min then opening it again make the backlight light up again but this doesnt seem to work here. I might try re-installng then without installing the Intel Graphics Drivers from iATKOS and see if that works.

Do you know if this issue has been fixed or a way to get round it at all?

Many thanks Jay :P

EDIT: Still no change. Will Kalyway be any different or not?