Lenovo 3000 N100 Successful Installation

LeoASH

14 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I am thankful to Insanelymac and OSX86 Project members for their support; KALAWAY for making such a great release.

I have installed OS X Leopard v10.5.1 (KALAWAY Release) successfully on my Lenovo 3000 N100 Notebook PC.

Current System Configuration:

WORKING COMPONENTS

1. CPU - Intel Centrino Dual Core T2300E 1.66 GHz

2. Memory - 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM 667 MHz Dual Channel

3. Video - Intel Extreme Graphics GMA 950 onboard video

4. Bluetooth - Broadcomm Firmware version 3.8507 (3.16851)

5. DVD Drive - HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N

6. FireWire - Maximum Speed 400 MBits/s

7. Printer - HP Photosmart C4180 AIO Series

8. Network - Realtek 10/100 (Not too sure about exact model)

NON_WORKING COMPONENTS

1. Audio - Soundmax HD Audio (Not too sure about exact model)

2. WLAN - Intel PRO Wireless 3945 ABG

3. Camera - Integrated USB Camera Asus 1.3 somthing

If anybody managed get these components working and can provide any information on how to get them working, please let me know.

If anbody need any help, please feel free to ask. i am still a newbie for osx86 but I have faced all the installations errors and problems like Panic and that annoying '-' blinking cursor.

Thank you all once again for all your support.

Regards

Ash

Picture_1.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Guys,

I have the same laptop with same configuration

NON_WORKING COMPONENTS

1. Audio - Soundmax HD Audio

2. WLAN - Intel PRO Wireless 3945 ABG

3. Camera - Integrated USB Camera

4. Network - Realtek 10/100

Let me know if you have fingered out a solution for this?

Karthik

• 1 month later...

I have the Lenovo 3000 N100 and have tried installing Leopard with various images (iPC OSX86, Kalaway, iAtkos) and have been unable to get it working.

Can you tell me what image you used and with what options?

Specs:

Proc - T2060 Intel 1.6GHz, 2GB RAM

Video - Intel 945gm

Audio - Realtek High Def Audio

Ethernet - Realtek RTL8139/810x

Wireless - Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I also have a Lenovo 3000 N100 and here is what I used

DVD: MacOSX 10.5.5 (by iDeneb)

WORKING COMPONENTS

1. CPU - Intel Centrino Dual Core T2300E 1.66 GHz

2. Memory - 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM 667 MHz Dual Channel

3. Video - Intel Extreme Graphics GMA 950 onboard video

4. Bluetooth - Broadcomm

5. DVD Drive - HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N

8. Network - 10/100 (Not too sure about make or model)

NON_WORKING COMPONENTS

1. Audio - Soundmax HD Audio (also not sure what model number)

2. WLAN - Intel PRO Wireless 3945 ABG (same)

3. FireWire port - says 'none detected'

(I do not have a camera)

===

I have the AppleHDAPatcher 1.20....now where is the "linux dump" for the Soundmax HD audio? It says I need to drag and drop it to the app to make it patch the audio. what do I do??

Able to get the Lenovo 3000 N100 using iPC OSX86 with PPF 1, 2. I had to use an external monitor using this version, and in customized options selected the option for PS2 keyboard and mouse support. The first time through I did not select that and though I booted successfully I received a "no keyboard found" message.

Customizations:

Video driver set to Intel GMA 950

Generic PS2 Nub verison fix (for PS2 keyboard and glidepad)

It appears there is still no fix for the onboard wireless card:

Any tips on getting the ethernet and audio working?

Able to get the Lenovo 3000 N100 using iPC OSX86 with PPF 1, 2. I had to use an external monitor using this version, and in customized options selected the option for PS2 keyboard and mouse support. The first time through I did not select that and though I booted successfully I received a "no keyboard found" message.

Customizations:

Hi VEMIKE,

let me know if the camera & card reader is working for you.

Regards

Karthik

• 4 months later...

Customizations:

You can try voodoohda for audio. It worked for me. I am also wondering how to enable RTL8139

You can try voodoohda for audio. It worked for me. I am also wondering how to enable RTL8139

OMFG!!!! After two years I have sound in my Lenovo 3000 n100. Thank you for your advice, I installed version for Wind (WindVooDoo_v.1.0.pkg). Works great!

ps. for rtl8139 google for proper driver, i suppose there are here at insanelymac also links.

Greetz! :)

• 3 months later...

Hi

kindly help in installing Leapord...

I tried installing

JaS OSx86 10.5.4 Client Server Intel SSE2 SSE3

iATKOS_5i

Problems: -

While installing JaS OSx86 10.5.4 Client Server Intel SSE2 SSE3 with/without (intel blue screen fix -http://rapidshare.com/files/179913550/iPC_IntelBlueScreenFix.rar) still the blue screen appears

i tried with boot options : cpus=1 -v -x "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x16"

"1280x1024x32@75"

Installation gets successful with iATKOS_5i after first restart booting stops with gray screen with a process indication

Details: -

Model : Lenovo 3000 Y500

CPU : Intel® Core2 - T5300 @ 1.73GHz

L2 Cache : 2MB

Board : Intel i945GM

RAM : 3GB DDR2

DVD Drive : Externel

Screen : 15.4

I will update the same in different topics

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I installed iATKOS 10.5.7 and haven't had too many problems - had to configure with external monitor, but now OK.

BUT - I'd like to get the S-Video out working. Any ideas?

When I hook up my TV to the S-Video, I can hit command-F7 (the orange button) to enable external display, and I get a picture, but it is garbled. I need to change displays to get it back, but then nothing displays on the TV again.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

It appears in some posts that some people got the intel wireless 3945a/b/g working with Atheros on Snow Leopard 10.6.0-10.6.3 not sure about that. Heard mercury squad and some others are working on it.

I got a Lenovo N100 currently running Mac OS X 10.5.8 after updating from 10.5.7 through Apple. Everything works fine except for wireless. I stuck a spare laptop hard drive that was lying around in. Now attempting to install Snow Leopard 10.6.3 for the 5th time.

First install went smoothly, but froze on setup assistant after clicking not migrating anything from another mac. Second to fifth install all same error /com.apple.Boot.Plist not found. Anyone know of this issue? Will advice if I get it working.

If you have any questions you can pm, i`ll try help as much as I can :)

It appears in some posts that some people got the intel wireless 3945a/b/g working with Atheros on Snow Leopard 10.6.0-10.6.3 not sure about that. Heard mercury squad and some others are working on it.

I got a Lenovo N100 currently running Mac OS X 10.5.8 after updating from 10.5.7 through Apple. Everything works fine except for wireless. I stuck a spare laptop hard drive that was lying around in. Now attempting to install Snow Leopard 10.6.3 for the 5th time.

First install went smoothly, but froze on setup assistant after clicking not migrating anything from another mac. Second to fifth install all same error /com.apple.Boot.Plist not found. Anyone know of this issue? Will advice if I get it working.

If you have any questions you can pm, i`ll try help as much as I can ;)

UPDATE:

I managed to install Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.0 plus the 10.6.1 and 10.6.2 updates that came with the discs. I would not recommend updating any further as the kernel will panic.

I used a disc created by LeoHazard (tpb) "http://www.dayn.org/forum/torrent-applications/37818-mac-os-x-snow-leopard-10-6-2-%5Bsse2-sse3%5D-intel-amd.html" and installed with the following options:

Install Options: Mac OS X 10.6.1 Update + Mac OS X 10.6.2 Update Combo

Boot Loaders: Chameleon RC PCEFI 105

Kernels: None

Graphics: Graphic Enabler (Failed, so I downloaded a kext package for Lenovo 3000 N100, will find the link and update)

Audio:Voodoo HDA (Still working on finding a working kext, after installation of Voodoo HDA it didnt work strangely)

Network: RTL8139 Ethernet (Atheros Fix 10.6.2 didnt work for intel 3945abg)

Laptop: FunctionFlip + VoodooBattery + VoodooMonitor + VoodooPower + VoodooPS2Trackpad

System Support: AHCI SATA Fix + SMBIOSResolver (If you do not install either of these it wont work, atleast not on mine)

After the installation, which took like an hour for me you have to boot into single user mode (-s) and insert the following commands one by one, because it will most likely hang and freeze when you click do not migrate from another mac.

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw / -> Note the space between -uw and /

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone -> Space after touch and before /var.... and also . after / and before AppleSetup...

passwd root -> Note that when you type a password it wont show up but it is certainly there.

after you do all this, reboot and log in as root and the password you just typed in before. Create a new user name and voila, Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on a Lenovo 3000 N100