USB Keyboard - not found

brido

8 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm trying to install Leopard on my dell inspiron laptop (1501) which has an AMD Turion 64 processor.

Ive ran through the install (to external USB drive) and everything seems ok, except when its time to boot the machine. It says I must plug in a USB keyboard, which I have done.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Does it need to be a true USb keyboad or should I use a PS2 attached to convertor, im using a USB mouse.

Many Thanks

Hey all,

I'm trying to install Leopard on my dell inspiron laptop (1501) which has an AMD Turion 64 processor.

Ive ran through the install (to external USB drive) and everything semes ok, except when its time to boot the machine. It says I must plug in a USB keyboard, which I have done.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Does it need to be a true USb keyboad or should I use a PS2 attached to convertor, im using a USB mouse.

Many Thanks

You just have to install the PS2 support. This will fix your problem in a minute...

Thanks for the replies.

Ive noticed my BIOS does have legacy USB support, and is swicthed on?

Would I need the PS2 support if using PS2 keyboasrd via a USB convertor (I dont have PS2 ports on my laptop)

PS2 via USB convertor?. I do not recommend that:you have a laptop and I think that is more easy to use your native keyboard....Do not you think?.But,if you want to try the convertor,feel free to do it! lol. Greetings...

I'd much prefer to use my native laptop keyboard. This was the keyboard I used with no problems during the initial install.

However, Im now trying to launch OSX and I get a message saying USB keyboard cannot be found :blowup:

I was hoping to use an old PS2 keybaord I had in the cupboard, with the USB convertor to get me past this message, then use the native keyboard of the laptop. Is this possible?

I'd much prefer to use my native laptop keyboard. This was the keyboard I used with no problems during the initial install.

However, Im now trying to launch OSX and I get a message saying USB keyboard cannot be found :D

I was hoping to use an old PS2 keybaord I had in the cupboard, with the USB convertor to get me past this message, then use the native keyboard of the laptop. Is this possible?

That is right brido:during install every keyboard is supported,and the process does go fine.The problem is that when you install and ask the first reboot,the support is gone and you need to restore it in order to get your keyboard (native,PS2) working.I think that adding this support is the best way and your problem will be solved:greetings...