Get Atheros AR5211 working on Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1

canadrian

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to find the definitive way to get the built-in WiFi on my Thinkpad T60 working with the Kalyway Leo install. Windows Device Manager told me it was an Atheros card using the driver AR5211.sys. I've seen mentions that Atheros cards are well supported under Tiger with a few modifications to a plist in one of the kexts, but I haven't seen much about Leopard, where to find the hardware info about my card, and exactly how and where to enter it in the plist files.

I'm familiar with the Terminal and its usage, but otherwise I'm going to need a pretty n00bish guide I'm afraid.

Many thanks to anyone who can help! This is the last thing to get working for a perfect install!

I'm not really sure where everyone gets that info. I think it's in the device properties in Windows under the Details tab... Part of the string for my device is "VEN_168C&DEV_1014" so I'm assuming mine is the same as yours. Thanks for the reply and the guide!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, I have to fit all this Mac tinkering in between my work and other duties. :) I've followed all the instructions provided here and elsewhere, but my machine simply won't recognize the wifi card. I wonder a little if the virtual network adapters from Parallels and/or vmware screwed something up. At any rate, is there any chance you could provide your modified kexts so I could compare them with mine for troubleshooting?

Cheers,

Adrian