Trying do the Bootfix step in the MSI P6N ToH Install Guide

tseryan

3 posts in this topic

I'm currently stuck on the Bootfix stage of .Netrolller's MSI P6N Platinum ToH RC2 Guide. It's very vague and I'm not sure if I understand it correctly.

Should I be installing another copy of Leopard on a 2nd partition of the same HD and run the terminal commands in that installation? The guide just says to restart from the DVD and go into the terminal, but the bootfix guide says that you need a second installaton.

Also, are the files "boot boot0 boot1h" already located from the ToH install? If not, where would I get it and how would I move it there. And how would I get the "startupfiletool" copied into the /usr/sbin folder?

Sorry for the number of questions, but it's been driving me crazy for the last few hours. Thanks a lot for any assistance! :)

• 2 weeks later...

The second install is essentially your DVD. The bootfix assumes you already have OSX installed. You are just fixing the boot setup.

"boot boot0 boot1h" are all on your DVD take a look at it in windows those are basically the only files you will see. I just did this the other day and I don't recall how I got them into the folder (sick 1 year old up all night). I am pretty sure I booted to the dvd, opened terminal, and did "mv dd /boot1h cd whatever the location is". Took me a while to figure it out. Repeat for the other files. HINT: after you move the first file, hit the up arrow on your keyboard. It will put in what you just typed for the previous command, just arrow over and edit for the other files.

You don't have to copy the startupfiletool. It is already on TOH, follow the instructions in the guide. I think it is in /usr/misc on the DVD

Take a look at my recent post back in the original thread. I added a few more things you will need to know.

• 3 months later...
I'm currently stuck on the Bootfix stage of .Netrolller's MSI P6N Platinum ToH RC2 Guide. It's very vague and I'm not sure if I understand it correctly.

Should I be installing another copy of Leopard on a 2nd partition of the same HD and run the terminal commands in that installation? The guide just says to restart from the DVD and go into the terminal, but the bootfix guide says that you need a second installaton.

Also, are the files "boot boot0 boot1h" already located from the ToH install? If not, where would I get it and how would I move it there. And how would I get the "startupfiletool" copied into the /usr/sbin folder?

Sorry for the number of questions, but it's been driving me crazy for the last few hours. Thanks a lot for any assistance! :P

As the owner of a P6N SLi i tried all versions available for download of OSX and the one who worked fine for me was iATKOS R3 because this version is more friendly to nForce chipsets.  You could try this one and see what happens. Try searching the Nforce chipsets thread in the forum to get help from other users.

[]´s