Kalyway 10.5.1 and Sony VAIO FE41Z

amnesty

1 post in this topic

Yesterday a friend of mine came to me with his Sony VAIO FE41Z and wanted me to insall Leopard.

So I gave it a try. At First the notebook didn't want to boot from DVD. It just made some "clicking" noises and that was it. After about 5 minutes it booted from the Recovery Partition.

After another 2 tries it finally booted from the Kalyway installation DVD into the installer. I created a 30 GB MBR Partition and selected the driver for nVidia 7x00 mobile series and EFI_mbr. The installation finished absolutely normal. But after the reboot I just got a black screen after the kernel wants to load the login window application.

This Notebook has an integrated nVidia GeForce 7600 Mobile.

After all I recovered an image of the MacOS partition from my Thinkpad R51. And to my own surprise, the VAIO booted normally and I could use it. But there were nor drivers for WiFi, GFX and onbord LAN.

So the final question: Is it possible to get Kalyway 10.5.1 working on the FE41Z with graphcs card support (and maybe onboard Ethernet support? Or will it be working after a fresh install of Leo?)

best regards,

simon