Will this run leopard ok?

JamieN

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking to try out leopard, i allready have the iATKOS iso.

i'm looking to do it on laptop (Sony vaio)

1.86GHz Core 2 Duo Mobile T2130

1GB Memory

Intel GMA950

I have allready checked with cpu-z and show's both sse2 and sse3.

I want to do a dual boot alongside the existing vista i have too, from the guide's i have seen on this is seems relatively easy right?

Thanks.

Jamie

Should run alright, my system is pretty similar (Dell Latitude D820, 2 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 256 Dedicated Nvidia Graphics) and it does a great job. Only thing you might notice is a little hesitation on the graphics but that's alright.

If your using Vista, good luck. I know other people have gotten it to work, but I couldn't manage to get the dual boot to work well using Vista's boot manager. If you haven't read up on that, I suggest you get started.

As for partitions, I used boinkytwo's boot CD which makes things VERY easy. You can find that here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...inky&st=120

Also, its recommended by just about everyone to start with a blank HDD. I know it's possible to do it with vista on the HDD, but boy you're risking all your information so I wouldn't even think about it.

Let me know if I can help out any more, codylc@gmail.com

-Cody

Thanks for the reply, i actually have nothing important on the laptop right now as it's fairly new so i wouldent really loose anything - i am just more concerned about the vista as while i dont think it's worth keeping.. it has all the sony vaio built in programs and drivers and such and it is still fairly new so i dont want to get rid of it 100% & the fact i currently dont own a vista disc (as it was pre-installed) i could make an image of the system maybe.. dont know how that would work with vista.

I know it would be easier to just scrap vista and just have the leopard but i have never used leopard or anything mac before, so it's just a scary thoght i suppose being a windows & semi ubuntu user for so many years, so really the vista is just backup plan if the leopard did not go as planned.

Thanks for the link to the boot CD, i am going to have a look at it.

Jamie

Just wanted to post, i have no installed it (am on it now doing this reply!) and it seems to be working great - touch pad and wireless and all seems to work without having to do anything

I've only been on it for around 10 mins, but so far the only problem is a little grey square sometimes (which i hear is common) and it is not to bad anyway.