MacDrive 7.0.10 Problems...

3 posts in this topic

If i mount an image lets say Mac OS X JaS Hybrid iso on Virtual Clone Drive Macdrive works... however if i mount it on MagicISO it doesn't work. And also on Virtual Clone drive is there anyway to mount images as IDE instead of SCSI.

Right now if i start Virtual Clone Drive (no image mounted) it says SCSI cd-rom but to boot on VMware IDE is better, any help on this ???

Help is appreciated. Thanks!

Use PowerISO. I don't have any problem with that. I can mount any hybrid CD/DVD on my Windows.

U can also use Alcohol120. It is the boss in the virutal drive, emulation arena. It support almost every image format.

When u use Hybrid DVD, u can switch the partitions from Windows to Mac or vice versa. If u right click on the virtual drive, u can get this option from mac drive pane.

I tried to use PowerISO and i have it however VMware doesn't recognise the virtual drive...

I'm also still confused about why

Mount on Virtual Clone Drive > Macdrive recognises HFS+

Mount on MagicISO > Macdrive doesn't recognise HFS+ (same iso used) and so i can only see the files Windows uses...

Now you may be thinking... well why doesn't the idiot use VCD then however VCD uses SCSI adapters and im confused how to make it IDE on my laptop...

To open and install Mac on VMware is my aim and VMware doesn't seem to like the SCSI drive... it says it can't boot from SCSI drives... only IDE drives..

Long winded problem along with "com.apple.boot.plist" not found error

Then i don't have a 4.7GB DVD unfortunately so i can't use that method of burning

Im hoping that MagicISO might open it up in IDE

My actual disk drive (non virtual) Sony DVD-RW DW-Q58A relies on ATAPI ???

So im quite conf...