Networking and Wifi Addlogix USB in 10.5

unconquerable

2 posts in this topic

So with the release of Kalyway 10.5.1 I decided to take the plung and get my hackintosh up and running. I was suprised by the ease of these release and currently have one or two "minor" problems.

I have an Addlogix usb dongle that comes with software and drivers for 10.4 but not 10.5. When I install the 10.4 software I get the USBWIRELESSUTILITY running and create a profile, it gives me a green check mark that I am connected but when I go to safari still no luck.

I read that i need to setup a connection in network setup to the tune of en1 (ethernet adapter) but it does not show up after installing the software like it is suppose to. So no wifi for now, I bought the darn card because my C500 has the internal card that doesn't work.

Now I am using my ethernet and for some reason the internet connection seems slugish and sometimes times out, second problem.

Ok I didn't see that RALINK has updated so there is a 10.5 driver update. http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Macintosh.html When installing it says to configure the network pane before connection is possible. It doesn't say how.Sweet!!! it is working, instead of showing up in the network pane as Ethernet and not en1, for anyones reference all you have to do is add the new ethernet that shows up and let it configure itself.