rsilves

1 post in this topic

Hi. Some days ago I bought my first Hackintosh:

Core 2 Quad Q6600 2,4GHz

Asus P5W DH Deluxe

2GB of RAM

Asus 7300GT 256MB video card

etc...

The day I bought it, I installed JAS Tiger because the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD I had gave an error when finishing the install (or sometimes it froze before). Then I knew that the zipped version I had downloaded was bad, so I started to download the one that should work well (simply an ISO file).

I went on holidays, and I'm using my Hackintosh through VNC+SSH (heheh).

I want to know which is the best option for me when I arrive home, as I want to install Kalyway.

(in order of preference)

1) Partition the disk (which is the best way to do it without formatting??), install Leopard in the empty partition (I suppose that it automatically activates the Apple dual boot, isn't it?).If it works OK I can delete the Tiger partition, if not I can keep using Tiger.

2) Install Leopard OVER Tiger (like any user who bought Leopard and wants to upgrade). Can this be done with the patched DVD? If it fails I'd need to (format and?) reinstall Tiger again... :)

(I am supposing that if the installer fails, the system will be useless, and it won't "recover" things as they were).

3) Format the disk, install the new version. That's the easiest, but what if it fails? Would need to reinstall Tiger again... :spam:

4) Any other idea???

What I want is to avoid needing to install Tiger again.

My ISO is named kalyway_leo_10.5.1.iso and its MD5 is f8546bde2a5b3c7dff47f2aab31862a9

(just searched for it and it seems to be the one!)

** For those who don't know, this is an algorithm made to compare files. If your file is slightly different (i.e. if my file had an error while downloading), the code will not be the same. You can get this code easily with any MD5 application, like checkSum+ for Mac, and the .iso file you downloaded.

Thanks,

Rodrigo