Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
bakelit

Num Lock and a USB numeric keypad

3 posts in this topic

Hi Beliyaal,

First of all, I wanna say a BIG thank you for this great piece of software. It's awesome.

I have the following problem. I want to use an external USB numeric keypad, but at the same time I don't want to use the numeric keypad integrated in my MBP keyboard. I want to be able to switch on Num Lock, so that I can input numbers from the USB numeric keypad, but at the same time have my MBP keys m, j, k, l,...etc. functioning as letters, not numbers, so that I can input letters from the keyboard. I tried to play with the Configure GUI, but it was a bit complicated and I couldn't find any instructions, so I thought it would be better to ask you how to do it.

Thanks.

Are you sure you can't use the external numpad without pressing num lock? I've never not been able to use the numpad on a Mac.

...Alternatively you might want to get the full USB extended keyboard from Apple, very thin, doesn't take up much space, and the numpad never needs numlock on to work.

No, I can't use the external numpad without pressing num lock. if it is not pressed the numpad keys turn into PageUp, PageDown, etc. instead of being numbers.