Dell Latitude D620 lagging

Merli

7 posts in this topic

Hello ....

I installed kallyway 5.10.1 on my notebook dell d620 with default kernel andefi mbr and kinda works. 

I know that integrated network adapter BCM5752 does not work.

But i get strange behavior. Whole OSx86 lags somehow. 

For example when you are in some menu and going with mouse up and down  it freez

s for 1or 2 seconds (not redrawing menu items) and then works again.

Most visible it is in terminal where you type 5 chars and have to wait 2 seconds to display rest you typed. Anyone meet this in

his/her hackintosh? Can it be fixed? Becase is totally unuseable with such behavior. I searched forum a bit but did not find anything.

help please. Also if someone has working BCM5752 network adapter post link.

thnx

merli

I had the same mouse problem as you. The issue the duo core processesor. You have to boot up with one. During boot, hit F8 key. Type in cpus=1. The OS will boot up with one CPU and the mouse issue is gone. I have a D620 too and network, wifi and sound still not working. This makes the OS useless to me.

I had the same mouse problem as you. The issue the duo core processesor. You have to boot up with one. During boot, hit F8 key. Type in cpus=1. The OS will boot up with one CPU and the mouse issue is gone. I have a D620 too and network, wifi and sound still not working. This makes the OS useless to me.

oh man that sucks, but thanks a ton for the info! Guess my D620 won't be the computer to run this on.

edit: just restarted, went into the bios, and disabled multi-core support. WOW performance is like 100x better but I didn't pay for a core2duo to use it like a coresolo boooo hisss

I still can't even get past the looping welcome wizard though ha.

Time to try my thinkpad!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...