iATKOS does not pick up my HD?

Maximos

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

iATKOS does not seem to notice my HD in Disk Utility. What can I do to remedy this? It did the first time, but the whole HD was 'locked-down', meaning I could not install...seems like I need some massive help. The second time, it just did not appear at all in Disk Utility.

My goal is a dual-boot system with XP without ruining my XP installation. I've got a 32GB partition ready to go for Leopard...

Thanks for any help guys :D

OK Guys, what's up? Do I offend?

I got iAtkos to boot and recognise the disk, but upon completion, I rebooted the PC and got a nasty stop sign. The system would not boot.

I just need an easy guide to install on a partition....if anyone could help me, it would be GREAT.

ok i am familiar with ur motherboard so i can get you fixed up. Let me just ask you some questions to get started. First off, do you have AHCI enabled? Second which port is your hardrive/DVD drives on.

well thats the problem then, it has to be on AHCI mode. your going to have to sacrifice the XP if you want OSX or just switch back and forth which would be a pain. see if you can install EFI and you probably can judging by your motherboard. tutorial for that motherboard is in this forum. if you get efi working you could probably use boot camp