DVD Wont Boot

scrupul0us

4 posts in this topic

Firstly I'm using:

Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso

Ive burned it to a DVD and am trying to install it on a:

Dell Optiplex GX270

Intel P4 2.80 GHZ

The computer currently has linux on it but I want to wipe the drive over with the OSX install

I put the disc in and reboot, choose CD-ROM boot and it just goes along loading my previous linux install

I tried setting the bios to CD-ROM boot by default and the same thing happens again

For checks and balances I put a XP disc in and it boots that disc just fine

Any recommendations here?

Any ideas? I tried a reburn with Nero @ 4x (slowest it would let me burn) with finalization and verification... all came back OK... and I still have the same issue where the DVD simply wont boot but the XP cd will

is it possible for a DVD drive to simply not read DVD's but CD's... like, the drive is broken?

I'm not the best at this stuff and i ask a lot of questions however you may want to check settings and also guides to see certain special settings or problems with Linux. You might also want to try and test the iso image first (maybe VMware) or check corruptness etc... I hope this helped a bit... (probably not much.. lol)Sometimes even slower speeds such as 2x or even 1x work so if you have time maybe try that.. have you checked the wiki guide to install Mac Os X ??? Also check the files inside aren't corrupt (Macdrive or HFSExplorer or Transmac)Hope this helps... and good luck!