Acronis Partition

Adrianr

5 posts in this topic

Just when you think you're making progress..

Decided to try Acronis suite to partition my C drive.. I have 160GB to Vista 64, 50GB to OSX and 20 for a share..

Rebooted, everything seemed to run ok, except i can't see the partitions in Computer in Vista. I presumed this was due to them being Fat32 and not NTFS. Restarted and whapped in OSX, hoping the Disk Utility would see the new partitions, and nothing. Still shows up the same 128GB C: drive it did originally (Which lead to me accidentally wiping my Vista install)

Any ideas why it is doing this? Have i done something wrong in Acronis? The OSX partition is a FAT32 Primary.

Regardless of Acronis, any idea why the disk utility is seeing my HD as 128GB, when i cannot see one single number/subtraction/addition that would arrive at this figure..?

Asus P5k-E

Q6600

Western Digital 250GB SATA

Jas 10.4.8 install

Ok update, i have assigned the new partitions letters in Disk Management and they now show up in 'Computer'.. i'm going for a reboot and seeing if that helps at all!

Update 2: No help. Still see the same in Disk Utility. The hardrive itself @ 128GB, and then 'Untitled' beneath it, an 'unmount windows ntfs volume' or words to that effect.

Is there a problem with the Disk Utility on the Jas 10.4.8 install?

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel, rev 1.0

I first had 3 NTFS partitions on Windows XP SP2, then I resized the last one and made a 10GB FAT32 partition using Partition Magic 8.

When I booted of the DVD I couldn't see the partition and I found out that the boot DVD can only detect 128GB of my 153GB HDD.

After that I moved from 3 windows partitions back to one and made a new FAT32 partition within the 128GB the DVD could detect, I could see the partition now but when I want to format it to the MAC Extended format using disk utility it prepares the format but then it just stops without formatting or converting, so I can't install.

this is my hardware:

Processor: Intel Pentium IV 3.0 Ghz Northwood

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8S648FX(-L)

Chipset: SiS 648FX Chipset

RAM: 1024Mb PC3200 (1x 512Mb, 2x256Mb)

Videocard: Nvidia Geforce 6800 (Asus v9999 Gamer Edition, Fully unlocked)

Audio: SiS 7012 Onboard

HDD: Maxtor 6Y160P0 (160 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)

DVD: LG HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8164B

DVD Burner: NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A

Network: Realtek RTL8139/810X Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC (Onboard)

for the time being I resized the windows partition back to full size untill I find out how to fix it.

I want to set the system up as a duel boot Windowx XP/Mac OSX 10.4.11

I can finally install!

I resized the windows partition to 70 Gb and made a 15 Gb primary fat32 partition, I left the rest unallocated and now I could tormat the fat32 partition to macos extended

*edit*

I installed it using blank kernels, now looking which video/audio and network drivers I need