Need help identifying a problem

ixion

2 posts in this topic

hi all,

I need help identifying what my problem is so that I can google/search forums to resolve it

I have installed both IATKOSi and IATKOSiR2 on a Lenovo Thinkpad T61 custom build. I will post the hardware spec at the bottom of this post

After the installation of IATKOS (which went through without a hitch using both the R1 and R2 disks) the machine reboots (I keep the DVD in the drive because I have not got round to installing a boot loader yet) and begins to load my new MAC OSX86 installation. It gets as far as the apple logo with the spinning wheel type logo where it just stops, the mouse cursor intermitently changes from a colourfull spinning one to a normal black cursor and eventually the the cursur just dissapears completely and the spinning wheel type logo freezes. I have left the laptop in this state for up to about an hour to see if anything happens and nothing - it just freezes at this screen and does not continue

I have read various posts about the Intel GMA 960/965 causing issues which can be resolved by installing patches but i'm not sure if these apply in this situation because I cant get into the operating system to install any patches?

If someone could please tell me what my problem is and possibly point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated!

Hardware Spec as follows:

OPTION 2 - TP T61 15" Widescreen

Model/Type: 6464CTO

(1) Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

(1) Keyboard UK English

(1) Integrated Wireless Wide Area Network (WWAN)

(1) 56K v.92 Designed Modem

(1) SIM Card for Vodafone: UK

(1) Bluetooth w/ antenna

(1) Clear plate for T61 WLAN & Bluetooth & WWAN

(1) Integrated WWAN Antenna: 15.4" for Vodafone / Cingular

(1) PC Card Slot & Smart Card Slot

(1) 15" WSXGA+, w/ BT, w/ Vodafone, w/o UWB, w/ 11n

(1) Intel GMA 960 w/ WWAN, w/ AMT

(1) 6 cell Li-Ion Battery

(1) 2 GB PC2-5300 DDR2

(1) Integrated Bluetooth PAN

(1) Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 (2.2GHz 800MHz 4MBL2) (1) Integrated Wireless WAN: Vodafone (New) (1) DVD Recordable 8x Max Dual Layer, Ultrabay Slim (1) 15.4 WSXGA+ TFT

(1) 120GB Hard Disk Drive, 5400rpm (1) Intel GMA X3100 GM965

(1) Genuine Windows Vista Business

Now i've also tried with the Kalyway ISO and am experiencing the exact same symptons - install goes ahead and upon first boot I get the grey apple logo and nothing further

booting with -v it gets as far as

localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[70]: starting