7600 gt via s-video to component to TV

2 posts in this topic

I did not know where to put this. seemed like the best spot.

Situation: I am connecting to my Sanyo HDTV via the adapter that came with my 7600gt, which is S-Video to Component.

I am not using any other display besides my HDTV.

During the install using the Kalyway Leo DVD everything looks clean, everything installs correctly (I opt not to install any video kext) and reboot and I am presented with a 1024x768 Desktop no QE/CI to be expected since no kexts are installed ie. natit or nvinject.

I proceed to download the latest NVinject and install it, no luck HDTV shows a flashing "no signal"

so reboot -s remove the kext

I inquired about this at the NVinject forum and was told to edit the NVCAP in the Info.plist and change it so it disables the 2 dvi ports and only leaves the tv-out port working.

I did so and rebooted it gets to the gray Apple logo and after it finishes it flickers as if finding the display then goes completely black.

I reboot -s remove the kext.

I then nano /var/log/system.log and notice after NVinject does its thing, loginwindow begins to load but receives a malloc error and tries to respawn. kind of like in Linux if you receive an Xorg error and GDM tries to respawn.

so finally is there anything I can do to get this working, I just cant understand why without enabling kexts I can get to my desktop and when I enable them I get a blank screen and loginwindow crashes.

again I do not have any other displays except this HDTV.

I have googled, searched this forum and others but can not find a definitive answer to this question.

if needed these are my specs:

Mainboard : Intel D945GCZ

Chipset : Intel i945G/GZ

Processor : Intel Pentium D 820 @ 2800 MHz

Physical Memory : 1024 MB (2 x 512 DDR2-SDRAM )

Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce 7600 GT

Hard Disk : WDC (250 GB)

DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B ATA Device

CD-Rom Drive : LITE-ON CD-ROM LTN-489S ATA Device

Network Card : Intel Corporation 82801GB I/O Controller Hub LAN

Admins/Mods if this is in the wrong area I apologize

TIA anyone who can help me.

• 8 months later...