Partition/Hard drive problems!

jmax

7 posts in this topic

I'm new to the mac on PC thing, and I tried kalyways but to no avail. So I tried another one... I don't know whos it is but it installed thru windows so when i first boot to that disk it's like a new mac. The only problem is that it only gives you a 15 GB partition to work with. It's on a 40 GB hard drive and I can't use all of it! I hope I don't have to reinstall as I've tweaked it and gotten thru many problems already. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ya. I ran a batch file that put the img file onto another hard drive. there was no install program or anything so i was not able to format the hard drive. It just put it on there so when i boot to that drive, it was like a new mac.

well its a program that came with the img file called dd.exe (if that helps any) and all i had to do was run the batch file and it automatically partitions 15 GB of space on whichever drive you select. theres a batch file set up for disk0 disk1 disk2 and disk3, so it was a matter of choosing which disk to write to.

the only problem is that it partitions 15 GB on the disk and the rest is useless. when i run the diskutility in leopard it sees the leopard partition and theres nothing else you can do. unless somebody has a solution to this!!!

easy!!!

You go back into Windows, in your diskmanager you go assign the unassigned space to ANYTHING...format it then reboot into mac, reformat it to HFS the search the forum for "merge partitions" and merge the two you will have a bigger drive!

SticMAN