Unable to install 10.4.8

UnrivaledPk

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am a complete noob when it comes to this so sorry for my lack of knowledge on this subject. I saw an installation guide on youtube and I'm currently following that: http://youtube.com/watch?v=nNZi5fLpqus. I have done everything from downloading the iso, burning it, and everything else until you boot from the cd itself. Everytime I do that this error keeps coming up:"Still waiting for root Device". I have searched around and people keep on saying make something master and the other slave but I have no idea what that means. Another suggestion is to use a different kind of media and I have used three different times and I always burn at 1X so I don't think thats a problem. Any kind of suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks

What are you trying to install? (the name of what you downloaded and burnt)

The iso's name is Mac OS X v10.4.8 - JaS AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3 incl. PPF1

I don't know my computer specs so if you can tell me where I can find out I'll post them here. I have installed everest and it tells alot of info on your computer so if that includes something I can post a screen shot.

I overcame this by setting my SATA configuration in my bios from "Normal" to "Compatible".. Or something along those lines. This was on an Asus motherboard. There were 3 choices in the bios, it will be clear which one.

That it if the install not seeing your SATA drive is the problem, if not, ignore the above :)