Cant find mach kernel

guaterickie

4 posts in this topic

when i finish installation and reboot it goes to a little countdown thing. 5 seconds i think it is and then it show my two partitions

(hd0, Mac)

(hd0, Windows Vista, NTFS)

i choose Mac and when i press enter i see a little error but it goes away in a milisecond. if i press the enter button and leave it pressed i can make out an error that says "cant find mach kernel"

i think this is my last problem before it boots. also if i choose Windows Vista it says that the MBR is screwed and i should use installation disk. i was wondering if i use the installation disk will it only make the MBR for windows vista or will i still get that little menu on wether to choose my mac partititon or windows vista

thanks for any help, so close!

Vista will take whatever steps necessary to repair the installation, which may rewrite the MBR. Your darwin bootloader should be installed in your partition's boot sector, though, not on your MBR, unless you want to use darwin for default booting. I currently have it setup with Vista in the MBR and my Vista partition as active, with an entry in the Vista boot config for OS X, which will load the darwin bootloader on the HFS partition. I'm not familiar enough with darwin to say if you'd need a reinstall to fix the mach_kernel error, someone else has to know.

I GOT IT WORKING!! i decided to reinstall using the darwin x86 bootloader this time as a last resort and went to the gym with my brother. when i returned my system seemed to be off but when i pressed the power button it came to life and i got a wonderful screen saying my keyboard was unidentified lol. i went through everything and am now in OS X!! im so happy. here are some things i have working

8800GTS working perfectly with resolution and all

Network is working

Sleep is obviously working since thats what happened

sound is not working but im sure there is a fix somewhere because ive seen it

more things to test out

also one question. what do you think happened? i really want to use EFI because theres more possibilities but man i got to say my computer is blazing fast!