USB Ethernet

emmab2k6

3 posts in this topic

Hiya All .. now i know this Ethernet Works in Tiger acording to a site i found .. But i dont know how to get it to work in Leopard ... it basicaly says ...

''To get the SMC2206USB working with an iMac or older hardware, you need some command line magic, see this apple site (it only works at half-duplex.): http://searchdocs.info.apple.com/article.h...475&coll=cp Replace the 'en0' adaptor number in the script with whatever your adaptor shows as in System Profiler or ifconfig. Worked a treat for me. ''

Any Idea's ... would be appreciated .. im on the VERGE of getting leopard working 100% ... ive got 2600XT working , Bluetooth , Audio , Etc .. except Ethernet since for some reason my broadcom 4306 wont work or my 8139D this is my last hope :censored2: :D

Love Ya All Emma xxx

Leopard has it own USB to Ethernet kext, maybe will work with your adapter, mine is working perfectly, and since the new MacBook Air appeared there is also an Apple USB to Ethernet adapter.

• 5 months later...
Leopard has it own USB to Ethernet kext, maybe will work with your adapter, mine is working perfectly, and since the new MacBook Air appeared there is also an Apple USB to Ethernet adapter.

Hi MacGirl ,I got a usb adapter to ethernet, and I need to make it work in Leopard. Could you tell me where exactly I could find the kext you mention?? Thanks!