error booting mac.nub on xps 410.. anyone help?

Uscg.Matthew

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I have a macdotnub OSx86 v1-r5 dvd and i'm trying to install it on an Dell XPS 410. This is the last line that comes up when installing.. Either in safemode or not..

Waiting for boot volume with UUID DCFD761D-14C33EE7-A4E6-6E5933B4D77D

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><Key>IOProviderclass</Key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><Key>IOResourceMatch</Key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Could anyone explain what this means... ? Please guys.. I could really use your help. Thanks.

Matthew

UPDATE: I have fixed it!!! I think my main problem with most of the installation cd's i have tried is that i did not have RAID on... and reasoning most disks had the "Waiting for root " error. I am sooo happy! Mac.nub installed flawlessly on my Dell XPS 410 . had internet and got the audio patcher and it works amazing. perfect! if anyone has an xps 410 i recommend mac.nub.

thanks!

I had to turn raid on for this install dvd to work. But it works like a charm. I didnt try to get the onboard ethernet to work because i already had a netgear fa311 that works out of the box... i will try to work on the onboard etherent for ya to see if i can get it working.