OS-X, native performance question

samgorden

2 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm new on the board, first post. I have a Dell Latitude 131L, AMD TL-52 x64 / 1.5g ram / ATi x1150. I was just wondering if it would be worth it to go native OS-X for my field and daily tasks. I'm a web/gfx designer and we use mac's, ofcourse, at work. So we use the standered apps (PS, DW, FW, FL-pro). Basically all and anything adobe. I also have been teaching myself video editing and production in my little free time mixed with a heavy WoW addiction and some UT2004. Being able to record ingame video is a plus. All apps aside, performance wise would i notice a big boost or a moderate one? I'm also pretty fluent in all *nix commands and administration.

I wasen't sure where to post this, so if it is in the wrong area please feel free to move it or just let me know for next time.

Thanks in advance

My current OS is Vista basic

-SG

I use nearly the same applications. With my system specs (intel system) it works wonderful! nearly as fast as on an mac pro. but with an amd? i'm not able to give you an answer. but if your system is fully compatible the speed will be great and stable.