iATKOS v1.0i bootflag HELP plz

Naotarou

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I am new to this stuff and don't understand linux script at all. :P I have installed the iATKOS mac iso and it has said installed successfully. I followed everything to a T. (still don't understand that expression) But when loading the single partition of leopard on my pc, all i get is a blinking icon in the upper left corner. no boot. With some research I found that I need to use 'Gparted' in order to set the boot flag. Now I understand the concept of what I need to do, but I made the live cd of Gparted and ran it in my computer... but I don't know what to do from there. I don't know any script or commands to get anywhere :P I searched the net a few times and all I got was people saying 'simply set the boot flag to what you want', assuming I understand. :P none that told me what I need to do. I don't have the speed to download something like 700 mb knoppix. but I was hoping someone either knows a specific link that will guide me through it or can just tell me what I need to do. T_T i feel so close yet so far away. I'm on Intel core 2 duo1.6 ghzdell.and it's an inspiron 9400

ok after you partition the drive of after install unmont your os partition and run these commands in termminal

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (enter) replace 0 with your drive number, unless it is 0

update (enter)

f 1 (enter) replace 1 with the patition leopard is being installed or already installed on, if its not 1

w (enter)

q ( enter)

Remember this only works for mbr, and it will set the drive active and bootable

Ok in addidition to install the efi darwin boot option ,if you have rc 1 ,just add 1 to your hd number so if its rdisk0s1 assume its rdisk1s1 and if its rdisk2s2 assume its rdisk3s2 for the efi boot loader install.

I am also facing the same problem, intially i just followed the simple steps to install this mac.. The sytem boots perfectly with the dvd inside but when i remove the dvd ,it says MBR error.. Then through terminal i typed th same what you said , but then the cursor kepts on blinking.. BUT m/c doesnt boots..PLZ HELP<THANX ION ADVANCE..

ok after you partition the drive of after install unmont your os partition and run these commands in termminal

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (enter) replace 0 with your drive number, unless it is 0

update (enter)

f 1 (enter) replace 1 with the patition leopard is being installed or already installed on, if its not 1

w (enter)

q ( enter)

Remember this only works for mbr, and it will set the drive active and bootable

Ok in addidition to install the efi boot ,if you have rc 1 ,just add 1 to your hd number so if its rdisk0s1 assume its rdisk1s1 and if its rdisk2s2 assume its rdisk3s2 for the efi boot loader install.

Thanks so much. I will try this when I get home and post my (hopeful) success. :thumbsup_anim: